Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friggin' weird dreams

Thorn

I don't know about you lot, but I have some screwy dreams sometimes. If you have any real head-scratchers, throw them up!

I've had at least one dream that told me where to find something that someone had stolen from me, and it was indeed hidden there.

Just last night, I had a strange one. I don't remember what was happening, just two of the people in it. I think they were sisters.
One of them looked normal except for her eyes. They were almost twice as big as they should have been, yet somehow they didn't look bulgy or grotesque. That, however was not the strange part. The thing is, and I vividly remember this, her eyes were constantly changing.
Now I'm not talking that they would go from brown to blue. The pupil would change shape, from flowing like a liquid to solidifying into a vertical line with three small horizontal lines along it, to the odd sideways-hourglass eyes of a horse. The area around the pupil changed colors like colored light being stirred in a glass, brilliant oranges giving way to deep blues and other shades.

The other sister had entirely normal eyes. It was her skin that was strange. Much like her sister's eyes, it was in a constant state of flux. The difference was that instead of colors emerging and giving way, the colors twined across her flesh like thousands of tiny serpents. It seemed that if she focused she was able to suppress it, her skin reverting to normal hues, but if she was distracted the veins of color would writhe back across her skin like so many animate tattoos.

As in so many dreams, I knew things about them without being told, as though I'd known them for a long time. Most of these things I've forgotten, but for one it seemed simply so natural that they should have these strange effects. Them specifically, I don't think that they were common in whatever dreamscape I had conjured. Further, the first sister seemed to be more focused, more prone to being serious. The second sister was quick to laugh, and her spirits were rarely dampened for long.

That is all I can remember of it, despite trying hard to recall anything else. I cannot for the life of me think of what in my life would have produced images such as this, or what it would mean.

Thoughts on this are welcome, along with any of your own interesting snippets from dreams.

[EDIT]: The closest thing I can find to the size of the first sister's eyes is the artwork of Margaret Keane.

If you are anything like me they could be your inner soul expressing itself to you. A division in your soul could be causing you to see these two, similar traits yet it is almost as if one is only able to record the events occuring to their sister while the other experiences it and is trying to suppress it.
Have you had any trauma or big decision you made lately, some miscalculated moral judgement. This could be what caused you to split and currently causing a conflict within.
You need to search deep and reconcile with yourself less the division get greater and it influences you in ways you can not imagine.

Nothing for certain though, its just my take on it xD

You see, that's the thing. Things are going well for me, I'm generally in a pretty good position right here.
Another thing that I should mention is that I've never had a dream that felt like 'Oh, I'm dreaming.' Every single time I've ever dreamed, it has felt completely real. I can feel pain in my dreams, I can feel g-forces, and at least once after dreaming about getting injured I've woken up with blood on my sheets, and no injuries to myself.

As the title says, Friggin' weird.

Maybe you were on your period, you fucking pansy. Nah, I'm only joking. Just couldn't resist  :P

I've had some pretty weird dreams myself. I've told this story several times on the forum, but one time, I had a dream that I had misspelled a command in a script I wrote, and it woke me up. Sure enough, I had. I thought it was kind of strange that hours later I'd be woken up by that.

Well dreaming is a mental state and the saying mind over body and soul rings true. If you think it and truly believe it - it will occur. If your brain believe you were in pain it has dominion over your body and soul and made it so.
Having no injuries is the dominion of your body which has its dominion ruled by your Mind so you would be left in a state of puzzlement trying to work out how the blood occured only your unconciousness would know.

You say things are going well, but its not about things going well, have you made any decision recently that is of a bigger scale than the norm? Or done something that could be seen as immoral or out of character?

@Baille that would be your subconciousness. It knew you had placed an error in the script and when you slept it told you. Makes sense if you think of it like that. Your unconcious self when you are asleep is actually your normally awakened self thus the self that is asleep while you are awake is awake when you are asleep. Just as you can be woken and informed while asleep the same rings true for when you are 'awake'. Its just the two communicating. :)

Ive had many a dream where I was asleep and I could view the dreams of myself asleep. Its a horrible feeling, you see yourself wake up and yet you are still asleep then you wake up and remember the dream of you sleeping the dreams of you had while dreaming of being asleep.
Most of the time they are messages which need to be deciphered. Its not so much WHAT happens in the dreams but more WHAT can be implyed. Kinda like how you can look in the eyes of a close family pet and 'feel' what their intent is.

BTW : This is just my take on things, Im very spirtual

I've just had too many weird experiences with prophetic dreams and the like to simply write them off anymore. I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do they often mean something, or are about something that happens a day or two later.

Theres a difference between the types of dreams, the ones that can have meaning drawn from them are the ones where you wake up and feel a built in sense to question or think over them.

Dreams where they come a dime a dozen like the classic falling and so forth if they gave you no eerie feeling are just like, the mind running wild during rest time. imo

Ugh. My falling dreams are something else.
It's not like I'm falling, it's like I'm getting pulled down. I don't feel weightless, but instead I have that feeling in the pit of your stomach that you get when you're being pulled down faster than you can fall.
That, except really really hard. As in you feel like you're about to be thrown out of your body hard.

The classic falling one can be related to blood rushing to your head as a result of body movements while asleep. Try it, lay down on a chair/sofa and hang ya head of the edge upside down and close eyes. if you do it right you will get a similar feeling. While asleep your body doesnt have eyes for visual feedback and so it gives a feeling that you are falling.

I sleep on a waterbed. My position when I wake up is the same as it was when I go to sleep.
That being said, I know what you're talking about and it's not that. I've never felt anything else like this, and I sincerely hope not to. I would honestly rather have another set of wisdom teeth out as opposed to having one of my falling dreams.

How would you know your body position as you sleep you would be amazed the amount of spasms one has while asleep only to return to the original position. My advice setup a webcam and film yourself sleeping it will explain a lot. Hell up until last month I had no idea apparently I cry in my sleep and the whole last few years I thought I had an inability to shed tears.

The thing is, it takes an inordinately large amount of effort to move on a waterbed- at least this kind, the one without baffles. I cannot roll over unless I make a conscious effort in doing so. I may twitch and spasm, but when all is said and done I wake up in the same position I was in when I went to sleep.
I mean, it's wicked comfy, but you aren't rolling around unless you TRY. And I don't mean the kind of try you have when you're half awake. You gotta wake up, sigh, bend your body into a curve and torque your entire frame correctly.
I don't pull that when I'm asleep.