Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

College!

Sage

So, there's another topic going around about graduation. I too am graduating this year, as a junior, and get to go to college a year early! I just signed up for the Academy of Arts in San Francisco, and I'm hoping to major in game design and minor in web design. I'm super stoked and wanted to share with some people. Why not you guys? xD

Hope you're all doing well!

@Sage:

> So, there's another topic going around about graduation. I too am graduating this year, as a junior, and get to go to college a year early! I just signed up for the Academy of Arts in San Francisco, and I'm hoping to major in game design and minor in web design. I'm super stoked and wanted to share with some people. Why not you guys? xD
>
> Hope you're all doing well!

lol only 1 year early?

lol now I can stock you considering you are now like <200mi away

Thanks =]

And Zetta, I would be extremely appreciative if you didn't stock me! Please. >=P

I'm also hoping to get my BA in 3 years as opposed to 4 by going to school during the summer as well. Home isn't all that great for me.

I won't burn out. I'm made of steel. You can just call me superman. xD

I'll be renting a dorm on campus, but I don't want to be home for summer, hence the reason I want to take summer classes. I'd prefer to graduate in 3 years as opposed to a job anyways. They're both stressful and add a lot of work but I am passionate about this and I feel I can do it.

If it DOES turn out to be too stressful, I can always change my mind and move at a normal pace.

I really appreciate the advice though; I'll keep it in consideration and it makes me happy to know someone cares. Lol, that's really corny, but true. ^.^

Np, I'm in my second year of college already and I've had my share of problems. Things got much better once I got off campus. Dorms are ok, but if you can (like I did) you can usually find a good and cheap apartment just off campus(I pay 1/4th what the dorm across the street costs)I really advise this because I know not all colleges offer summer residence. (like mine). No matter what you end up doing the best advice is to study hard, and stick in there. You've picked a very difficult field. Wootz maths.

@Zetta:

> @Robin:
>
> > I'm finishing college in a week or so. Still haven't met the tutor for one of my lessons. >.<
>
> Euro-college is much different from US-college. Why cant we all just agree on a unified definition of college?

Everyone did decide on a unified definition. Then the Americans decided to be different. :]

Just call it University anyway. It _is_ called University over there as well, you just all say 'College'.

@Robin:

> @Zetta:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > I'm finishing college in a week or so. Still haven't met the tutor for one of my lessons. >.<
> >
> > Euro-college is much different from US-college. Why cant we all just agree on a unified definition of college?
>
> Everyone did decide on a unified definition. Then the Americans decided to be different. :]
>
> Just call it University anyway. It _is_ called University over there as well, you just all say 'College'.

eh partially true, university >= college. Some colleges only offer first 2 years of education, while most universities offer all 4.

Yeah, as Americans we have to be special. -.- Lol;  it would def make things easier to unify things.

And as mentioned above, a 2 year college (jr), is **only** referred to as "college," while a 4 year is referred to as college **or** university.

Where does everyone attend or plan to attend University?
I'm hopeful for MIT/Stanford/Caltech at the current moment. But I'll still apply to Harvard/Princeton/Yale, as well as the foreign Oxford/Cambridge. UT and Rice are my back up plans. At UT I'll only have college for 2.5 yrs, 2 if I do the summer classes and my first year will be free, plus whatever scholarship money I get (probably around 10-20k) will come back to me.

I go to a little state university in Alabama. Seeing as how I'm blind, lazy, and poor it's the best I could do. (Can't drive, didn't study for the act/sat, can't afford a larger uni's tuition)

edit: Damn I messed that sentence structure all up…

@[SB:

> Shri (shrig94) link=topic=61410.msg648745#msg648745 date=1276448463]
> Where does everyone attend or plan to attend University?

If I wanted to go to the uni I wanted to go to I'd have to move to America, and I know that wont happen anytime later.