Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword

Dark Crusade

yeah but you've got a lot more chance getting away with it than a "fan game" as you're not directly using their characters, ofcourse you'd have to use all your own graphics music and etc.. but you can still basically rip the story lines and general ideas of the game without them having much of a problem with it.. But i guess that in a whole takes away the whole "legend of zelda" feel from the game.. So it's not really worth it xD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about derailment… I think the gfx in the game is a nice change in pace from the overly dark world of TP. There are several games coming in the future that make me want to buy a wii, but this is top of the list. Any ideas on the new dungeons they may implement?

@Sir:

> @[Cake:
>
> > Guacamole link=topic=61721.msg653918#msg653918 date=1277512952]
> > @Xelander:
> >
> > > Don't say that, anyone ever played those zelda games by sony?
> > > NEVER BRING UP ANYONE ELSE THEN NINTENDO TO DO THIS.
> >
> > I meant like a fan game dude, or a game made by indie developers like Eclipse. Calm down. Any commercial game would certainly need to be made by Nintendo.
>
> You haven't heard what happened to World of Hyrule have you.
> Nintendo E-mailed Beau and demanded him to shut it down, they apparently don't allow fan games.

I still question that situation (please don't rage Kreator). I've seen MANY Nintendo fan games including Zelda games that are copies of graphics, enemies, and music, none of which have I seen been shut down due to Nintendo. They either had to be told about the game by a fan or did some extreme research to find WoH, and I doubt they'd pick this game out of a million to randomly shut down, especially since it's custom graphics and music.

@[Cake:

> Guacamole link=topic=61721.msg655962#msg655962 date=1277871419]
> @Sir:
>
> > @[Cake:
> >
> > > Guacamole link=topic=61721.msg653918#msg653918 date=1277512952]
> > > @Xelander:
> > >
> > > > Don't say that, anyone ever played those zelda games by sony?
> > > > NEVER BRING UP ANYONE ELSE THEN NINTENDO TO DO THIS.
> > >
> > > I meant like a fan game dude, or a game made by indie developers like Eclipse. Calm down. Any commercial game would certainly need to be made by Nintendo.
> >
> > You haven't heard what happened to World of Hyrule have you.
> > Nintendo E-mailed Beau and demanded him to shut it down, they apparently don't allow fan games.
>
> I still question that situation (please don't rage Kreator). I've seen MANY Nintendo fan games including Zelda games that are copies of graphics, enemies, and music, none of which have I seen been shut down due to Nintendo. They either had to be told about the game by a fan or did some extreme research to find WoH, and I doubt they'd pick this game out of a million to randomly shut down, especially since it's custom graphics and music.

I'll repeat what I've said on two other forums, do whatever you want, but don't gripe and whine when you receive the c&d.

@[Cake:

> Guacamole link=topic=61721.msg656119#msg656119 date=1277918931]
> c&d?  :huh:

A Cease and Desist oder(C&D) is what Nintendo sent Kreator, and will send any fan game they discover using anything affiliated with their 'intellectual property'.

Back on topic, I wonder if the sword moves in tp will be back, that should be fun with the wii motion plus.

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like a good intro tbh XD never going to happen like :P

i'll deffinately be buying this game to add to my zelda collection…

so far

The Adventures Of Link (snes)
The Legend Of Zelda (snes)
Zelda DX (GBC)
Links Awakening (GB)
Minish Cap (GBA)
Ocarina of time (N64)
Majoras mask (N64)
Master Quest (GC{gamecube})
WindWaker (GC)
Twighlight Princess (Wii)
Phantom Hourglass (DS)

i never liked the oracle of seasons and the other one so i traded them in :P

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=61721.msg661048#msg661048 date=1278717312]
>
> The Adventures Of Link (snes)
> The Legend Of Zelda (snes)
> Zelda DX (GBC)
> Links Awakening (GB)
> Minish Cap (GBA)
> Ocarina of time (N64)
> Majoras mask (N64)
> Master Quest (GC{gamecube})
> WindWaker (GC)
> Twighlight Princess (Wii)
> Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Have you played LoZ:Spirit Tracks (ds)?

@[THE-KRIS:

> link=topic=61721.msg661048#msg661048 date=1278717312]
> sounds like a good intro tbh XD never going to happen like :P
>
> I'll deffinately be buying this game to add to my zelda collection…
>
> so far
>
> The Adventures Of Link **(snes)**
> The Legend Of Zelda **(snes)**

:huh:

@ZoSo:

> Zelda games are awesome, but lately they've been remaking the same formula over and over again.. I wish they'd make like a "dark" Zelda with blood and stuff ;D. That'd be awesome.

first copies of LoZ Ocarina of Time had animated blood and Muslim chants . They were removed so that the game could avoid being rated "M" and being considered "racist".

@Zetta:

> @ZoSo:
>
> > Zelda games are awesome, but lately they've been remaking the same formula over and over again.. I wish they'd make like a "dark" Zelda with blood and stuff ;D. That'd be awesome.
>
> first copies of LoZ Ocarina of Time had animated blood and Muslim chants . They were removed so that the game could avoid being rated "M" and being considered "racist".

Bullshit, I want proff.

@Robin:

> Yeah, I still don't believe in the Wii.
>
> As I see it, people play video games to relax.
>
> I don't know about you, but I don't relax by jumping around in front of the TV smashing shit up with a wii remote.

thats for the idiots who like to get into the wii all the way, dont judge the console by its commercials, there just jumping around to make money.

@Anna:

> @[THE-KRIS:
>
> > link=topic=61721.msg661048#msg661048 date=1278717312]
> > sounds like a good intro tbh XD never going to happen like :P
> >
> > I'll deffinately be buying this game to add to my zelda collection…
> >
> > so far
> >
> > The Adventures Of Link **(snes)**
> > The Legend Of Zelda **(snes)**
>
> :huh:

Damn, beat me to it

@Seany:

> @Robin:
>
> > Yeah, I still don't believe in the Wii.
> >
> > As I see it, people play video games to relax.
> >
> > I don't know about you, but I don't relax by jumping around in front of the TV smashing shit up with a wii remote.
>
> thats for the idiots who like to get into the wii all the way, dont judge the console by its commercials, there just jumping around to make money.

Srsly, does anyone even stand up when playing wii? no.

@Xelander:

> @Zetta:
>
> > @ZoSo:
> >
> > > Zelda games are awesome, but lately they've been remaking the same formula over and over again.. I wish they'd make like a "dark" Zelda with blood and stuff ;D. That'd be awesome.
> >
> > first copies of LoZ Ocarina of Time had animated blood and Muslim chants . They were removed so that the game could avoid being rated "M" and being considered "racist".
>
> Bullshit, I want proff.

go to last minute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbcmNoWBedE

They never edited out blood they just turned it blue. Slice the walls inside Lord Jabu Jabu and blood comes out, but its blue. Also at the end b4 the final battle, Ganondorf coughs up a bunch of green blood.

Personally I'm most excited about how you control your weapons, shield, etc. It really uses the Wii's full potential. My hope is that it will really immerse me in the game more then just pressing buttons.

Yeah actually when I first saw the Wii I wondered if there would be an interesting swordfighting game. So far it's just arcadish rail shooting and minigames for accessories. I mean come on everyone thought about swords and magic games when they firstsaw the Wii, I don't see why they haven't focused on that.