Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The New CSS Update

Guacamole

If you have not heard, Valve recently made an update today for Counter-Strike: Source. This has caused an uproar in their community, as it has removed custom created content from the game. Now if you don't play the game, you wouldn't know, but custom mods are a HUGE part of Counter-Strike. Half of the game servers are down now and people are uninstalling the game until the update is removed. I'm waiting it out to see what will happen, but if nothing changes, I'll probably do the same.

Any opinions on the update?

I say the game stinks either was as it's just another default FPS and there's much betters ones around. ;D But meh, you guys should really read the announcements and such better.. Just because custom content dissapears with a new patch doesn't always mean it's gone, it can also mean there's a new format for mods available.  :rolleyes: You see, this is why I stopped playing anything related to the Source Engine online.. Bunch of retard kids lolling around all day yelling you're a hacker and they go berserk over nothing.

I still barely play the game.
It's a change… Got a reason to do anything with the achivements atleast.

Off topic; I made this awesome script that if you look upwards, it buys 4 deagles and drops them perfectly for them to fly up a bit in the sky. :D

@Xelander:

> I still barely play the game.
> It's a change… Got a reason to do anything with the achivements atleast.
>
> Off topic; I made this awesome script that if you look upwards, it buys 4 deagles and drops them perfectly for them to fly up a bit in the sky. :D

I hate the concept of achievements, their really pointless to me, especially adding them in a game that's been around for years, I've already done all that stuff, no use in doing it now that they have achievements.

@Yami:

> I say the game stinks either was as it's just another default FPS and there's much betters ones around. ;D But meh, you guys should really read the announcements and such better.. Just because custom content dissapears with a new patch doesn't always mean it's gone, it can also mean there's a new format for mods available.  :rolleyes: You see, this is why I stopped playing anything related to the Source Engine online.. Bunch of retard kids lolling around all day yelling you're a hacker and they go berserk over nothing.

The problem is, not all the server hosts understand this, or are willing to take the time to do this.

And how am I lolling around and yelling "you're a hacker!"?

@[Cake:

> Guacamole link=topic=61827.msg653923#msg653923 date=1277513437]
> @Xelander:
>
> > I still barely play the game.
> > It's a change… Got a reason to do anything with the achivements atleast.
> >
> > Off topic; I made this awesome script that if you look upwards, it buys 4 deagles and drops them perfectly for them to fly up a bit in the sky. :D
>
> I hate the concept of achievements, their really pointless to me, especially adding them in a game that's been around for years, I've already done all that stuff, no use in doing it now that they have achievements.

Really? I'm an achievement whore. I guess that's what I get for getting enough "Good Effort" ribbons in sports to… something.
@Xelander:

> @Yami:
>
> > I say the game stinks either was as it's just another default FPS and there's much betters ones around. ;D But meh, you guys should really read the announcements and such better.. Just because custom content dissapears with a new patch doesn't always mean it's gone, it can also mean there's a new format for mods available.  :rolleyes: You see, this is why I stopped playing anything related to the Source Engine online.. Bunch of retard kids lolling around all day yelling you're a hacker and they go berserk over nothing.
>
> The problem is, not all the server hosts understand this, or are willing to take the time to do this.
>
> And how am I lolling around and yelling "you're a hacker!"?

Yami's not talking specifically about you, its just that the common perception of a counter-strike player is one of two things:
1) Yami's description
2) This guy: ![](http://www.mpgh.net/forum/customavatars/avatar144378_2.gif)