Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Implementing random battles.

GoldenTot

I was curious as to the possibilities of adding a random turnbased battle sequence into my game. I'm almost positive it's possible, as an old friend of mine had done it in a game created with Mirage Source, and when I look into it Eclipse and Mirage really aren't too different.

From what I understand it'd have to be made through Visual Basics, and I was curious as to if anyone could point me to some good tutorials/guides on it or give me some helpful advice.

Thanks ahead of time.

Yea I'm currently using Origins and am slowly gaining experience with it. I've also gotten some very basic experience with Visual Basics using it, simply remapping the UI and changing a little code around. I guess I'm a little impatient, haha.

@silentdemonic:

> Look up Click Tiles and the rest will follow :) Map Wise you could just design some battle ground maps have them warped them and warped back after. Cave with 10 monsters? Ensure you have at least 10 Battle ground maps so that noone is waiting.

Ah yes. How that is a good idea, I'm looking more along the lines of a turn based scenario.

@silentdemonic:

> Look up Click Tiles and the rest will follow :) Map Wise you could just design some battle ground maps have them warped them and warped back after. Cave with 10 monsters? Ensure you have at least 10 Battle ground maps so that noone is waiting.

Stupid way of doing it.

Robin please explain to me why it is a stupid way of doing it. Thanks.

From what I read he wants to have random turned based encounters - it came across that he meants it FF7 style. The batteground maps would be to mimic that without having to worry about another player bouncing into your battle (unless you wanted that of course).

After that you could just block the attributes around a player and have Click tiles that represent Attack/Skill/Block etc whatever you wanted. As for Item use you could just have a class Type called "BattleMapPlayer" and set the Player to that Class during the waiting phase and set them back to it once they have been changed back to their original class for them to execute their attack or item/skill use.

It would work and allow parties to battle together amongst other things, I dont see any issue with it and its quick to do - the main point of Eclipse from what I gathered.