Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do u make friends?

Kool_dude4ever

You mean friend list? Hmm…I've been looking for that code myself, I think I did find one before but it was either unfinished or there was still some bugs in it.
Before posting, just take a look around the tutorials board, you might find stuff you're looking for, if they might be bugged or unfinished, then post something.
Oh, also the questions board, you might find codes not in the tutorials sometimes. Do that and study the tutorials (sadscript commands, vb6 commands, etc) and you wont be so noobish to others :P
But coding can still be hard too, I know I still suck at it -.-

Then perhaps stop tinkering with them all and become good at ONE of them.

If you were sufficient in all these languages, a simple friends list should not evade you. Making a friends list is no different to any other index you would create.

Case "addfriend"
            Name = Trim$(Parse(1))

If Not FindChar(Name) Then
                Call PlayerMsg(Index, "No such player exists!", Blue)
                Exit Sub
            End If

If Name = GetPlayerName(Index) Then
                Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You can't add yourself!", Blue)
                Exit Sub
            End If
            For I = 1 To MAX_FRIENDS

If Player(Index).Char(Player(Index).CharNum).Friends(I) = Name Then
                    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You already have that user as a friend!", Blue)
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            Next
            For I = 1 To MAX_FRIENDS

If Player(Index).Char(Player(Index).CharNum).Friends(I) = "" Then
                    Player(Index).Char(Player(Index).CharNum).Friends(I) = Name
                    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Friend added.", Blue)
                    Call SendFriendListTo(Index)
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            Next
            Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Sorry, but you have too many friends already.", Blue)
            Exit Sub

This is too common on these forums… learn to code and don't ask these questions, also the topic was misleading, yet I think you could use advice on what I though you was looking for too >:D

I recommend you check out others scripts and try to understand them, also try to put some of the code in the scripts into other situations to find out what they do and what you can do with them.

Right now you are asking the impossible from people.

@Kool_dude4ever:

> oh, okay srry..
>
> bc I thought ppl knew how to do it :(

If you just have done a little scripting you should know that it would be better to make it yourself from the bottom, also, why should anyone be willing to make anything for you? You aren't being professional, I recommend you study more both in school and after school and lurk on forums to see what the real men do, now become one.