Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Website I made for game

aaaron

hey, so some people know of my topic "CSS Attempt", well I just wanna show off the template in use. This one has the Left and Right colum switched though.

>! ![](http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8316/foursanctumsupdate.png)

MY EYES! No seriously, this actually almost made me cry. There is nothing wrong with the layout itself, but you should really work on your graphics. The best way to do so is get PhotoShop and start doing tutorials. Also, may I suggest using Lorem Ipsum for your place holder. Looks much better. 1/10

- Adulese

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=63443.msg676918#msg676918 date=1280894883]
> MY EYES! No seriously, this actually almost made me cry. There is nothing wrong with the layout itself, but you should really work on your graphics. The best way to do so is get PhotoShop and start doing tutorials. Also, may I suggest using Lorem Ipsum for your place holder. Looks much better. 1/10
>
> - Adulese

Ok thanks. And is 1 good or bad?

@Fiddy:

> @[PIE:
>
> > Rodriguez link=topic=63443.msg676918#msg676918 date=1280894883]
> > MY EYES! No seriously, this actually almost made me cry. There is nothing wrong with the layout itself, but you should really work on your graphics. The best way to do so is get PhotoShop and start doing tutorials. Also, may I suggest using Lorem Ipsum for your place holder. Looks much better. 1/10
> >
> > - Adulese
>
> Ok thanks. And is 1 good or bad?

Bad.
Honestly you could probaly make a better looking website with *shudders* freewebs

Maybe try adding in the graphics for your game to make it more related and add some colours other then blue in there. The rating that gives you would probably depend on 2 things, 1, what the graphics of your game are like (if they burn to look at people won't wanna look at the site), 2, how will you arrange them around your site? I recommend something related to your game genre to spruce up the title a bit like put a fantasy games web title on top of, for example, an old looking scroll turned sideways, or for sci-fi maybe turn it techno with lights and circuits, not to be ironic but, if it's sci-fi you might want that blue with like white lines and techno lights. Just keep the use of one colour in particular to a lower level or it looks boring and won't really make any one thing grab your eye. How about image buttons instead of just writing [Download] try making it an image like I said you should do with the title, just a smaller version with different words, in maybe a better looking font. For an example, check out [this](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58794.0.html) to see what I did with the title, try doing that for your website title and links.
Just thought I could spot some ways to help it out, hope it helps!  :cheesy: