Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dropping Support

Godlord

Dear members of the community,

I do not offer support any longer, since a long time already. Apparently people ignore my signature and make me want to post a thread about this instead. This thread is specifically dedicated to that. People who want to get help with their Eclipse issues ought not to contact me through the PM-system, the PM-system of any other forums I am registered at, my Facebook, any e-mail address that is mine or that even remotely forwards to me, any of my e-mail addresses used for MSN or my Skype (this also includes sending me mail/faxes to one of me homes or offices or calling me via mobile phone or landline). Instead these people should create their own thread in the appropriate board using the English language as correctly as possible. This includes proper grammar, syntax and spelling. I do not offer support any longer for obvious reasons I want to state here, just for clearness:

* I do not offer support, because it takes a lot of my time, especially when the person in question isn't familiar with the English language.
* I do not offer support, because some people think they know it better than me and have to disprove me whenever possible.
* I do not offer support, because the last time I worked with Eclipse, is ages ago.
* I do not offer support, because I am no Eclipse developer or anything like that, I am a normal veteran member.
* I do not offer support, because I like to keep "work" and "privacy" separated.

This however doesn't mean that I do not offer support at the forum though. Whenever I feel that I want to, I will do offer support in any thread I want to give support into and where I can do this. As this is why I am a moderator and it would be pointless for me to be a moderator when I do not offer support in such cases. Whenever people feel like they should abuse my privacy, then they will surely be referred to this thread, hence why I made it (If a moderator or an administrator disagrees with the location of this thread, he/she is free to move it to another board).

Regards,
  Stephan.

• 2 weeks later...
So yea, apparently someone with the name 'Jessie Love' added me on both Facebook and MSN, and didn't understand the message of this thread. So I redirected her to this thread and told her I don't provide support over MSN. So today I check up my Facebook and she spammed my photo album with messages like: "ur gay", because I didn't help her, and I don't regret it at all. I am not even bothering, I just reported, blocked and removed her and the messages she posted.

Thanks Eclipse for attracting complete idiots.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Gohan:

> I find this thread very funny. It's titled Dropping Support, and Stephan says to only ask for support by making a thread, yet people are on this thread asking Stephan for support. XD

Those people are just trolls pretending to be funny (they are on my MSN list).

Regards,
  Stephan.

• 2 months later...