Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to hide the Graphics?

vitinho444

Innovation and invention is just "stealing" something from somewhere else and combining it with something original you made. If it works out then we have something good and we can't have too many good games can we? If it doesn't then no harm done, it just dies out on its own.

Surprisingly, the fashion world seems to be in some copyleft state. You can copy a dress from someone and sell it. It's perfectly legal, everyone needs to be clothed right? The most common industries are the ones with the least intellectual property laws. It works out pretty well, but that might not be the lack of intellectual property.

@sudo:

> Innovation and invention is just "stealing" something from somewhere else and combining it with something original you made. If it works out then we have something good and we can't have too many good games can we? If it doesn't then no harm done, it just dies out on its own.
>
> Surprisingly, the fashion world seems to be in some copyleft state. You can copy a dress from someone and sell it. It's perfectly legal, everyone needs to be clothed right? The most common industries are the ones with the least intellectual property laws. It works out pretty well, but that might not be the lack of intellectual property.

You've added absolutely nothing to the discussion at all. Well done.

@Robin:

> You've added absolutely nothing to the discussion at all. Well done.

Well, that's your opinion and I respect it. But I've looked at the thread and I don't really see anything stating reasons why you should be open with your work so that it helps everyone, only reasons as for why you shouldn't be closed because it ultimately fail in hiding your work and it's unnecessary work.

This was not in the thread and is another just another argument against trying to control your work, DRM basically.

And you seem really bitter. If I'm annoying you on these forums then I'm sorry.

@sudo:

> And you seem really bitter. If I'm annoying you on these forums then I'm sorry.

You'd annoy me no matter where you were. Rather than acting like an adult or child, you're acting like a child who's trying to act like an adult.

As with anyone who tries to be someone they're not, you're coming across as a pretentious faggot with no personality.

Ah man! You went to name-calling, or that's what it looks like at least.

That's a horrible thing in arguments.

And the fact is, right now I'm on the edge of childhood and adulthood. I have to be a child acting like a adult, like a baby has to act like a speaking person to learn how to speak, so I can learn how to be an adult. I believe that I'm doing fairly well, but to make you mad I have to have screwed up somewhere.

So that's my big question, what did I do wrong? What makes me look like a "pretentious faggot with no personality."? Please answer these questions instead of attacking me more.

@xLukzx:

> I said coherent things. Don't distort what I wrote. Because this is not the point of the post.
>
> Your last post looks like a childish way to try to beat me turning over all what I said. And I'm not here with the intention of a fight or whatever. I'm here because I'm interested on this topic theme.
>
> Sorry for the offtopic.

What you're doing here is an ad homine argument, which isn't an argument. Before calling my last post childish, please don't prove yourself completely wrong by writing a childish post yourself.

I don't care if you feel limited. If a beloved one dies, you can't revive him/her. If something is impossible, it simply is, unless you can prove otherwise, and if you want to waste your time, because you don't want to listen to someone who probably has far more experience than you on the matter, then go ahead, but be prepared to fail, multiple times.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@sudo:

> I believe that I'm doing fairly well, but to make you mad I have to have screwed up somewhere.

Act like yourself. Pretending to be someone you're not doesn't make you an adult, it makes you pretentious. If you want to act mature, then I suggest you re-define what you believe to be mature.

Preaching about the ethics of encryption and the Buddhist teachings doesn't make you mature, it makes you annoying. Just like you'll be ostracising yourself at school by talking about this nonsense, you'll get the exact same response when you're an adult.

**tl;dr:** Talking about Buddhism doesn't make you mature.

Errr… so you wanna fight anyways? That wasn't the intention but it's okay.
Lets go...

@Stephan:

> What you're doing here is an ad homine argument, which isn't an argument.

Decide yourself. Besides that, i think the word is "Hominem".

@Stephan:

> Before calling my last post childish, please don't prove yourself completely wrong by writing a childish post yourself.

I'm sure my posts aren't wrong. You can say what you want, but i'll not doubt about it.

@Stephan:

> I don't care if you feel limited. If a beloved one dies, you can't revive him/her. If something is impossible, it simply is, unless you can prove otherwise, and if you want to waste your time, because you don't want to listen to someone who probably has far more experience than you on the matter, then go ahead, but be prepared to fail, multiple times.

Let me se…
· You don't care about my feeling? I doesn't matter, didn't asked you to care.
· Dies? we're talking about programming, not death. !
· Listen to someone who probably has far more experience... analizing... How can you know if i have less experience than you?. This only have a name, and its called Egocentrism. Also you can call it Prejudgement. And both are bad attitudes in anyone. I'm owner of a Assistance Forum, and i have to do it all by myself because no one knows how to help me. But in first place i don't boast about my habilities or knowings or simply boast myself. I'm allways modest.
Consider it for the future.

**Well. Nothing more to say. This is my last post on the topic. Will not read anymore. So get tired telling me all you want.**

@xLukzx:

> Errr… so you wanna fight anyways? That wasn't the intention but it's okay.

I am not fighting, what you are doing is however trying to fight because you want to win an argument. That is **not** going to work.

@xLukzx:

> @Stephan:
>
> > What you're doing here is an ad homine argument, which isn't an argument.
>
> Decide yourself. Besides that, I think the word is "Hominem".

Yes, it is an accusative, you are right on that one, but you shouldn't be pointing out my grammar issues when you are not even writing "let's" correctly.

@xLukzx:

> @Stephan:
>
> > Before calling my last post childish, please don't prove yourself completely wrong by writing a childish post yourself.
>
> I'm sure my posts aren't wrong. You can say what you want, but I'll not doubt about it.

Your last post wasn't even related to the argument, what you did was just calling my last post childish, which is ad hominem. I have nothing to do with the argument, that means you shouldn't even involve me, which is what you did.

@xLukzx:

> @Stephan:
>
> > I don't care if you feel limited. If a beloved one dies, you can't revive him/her. If something is impossible, it simply is, unless you can prove otherwise, and if you want to waste your time, because you don't want to listen to someone who probably has far more experience than you on the matter, then go ahead, but be prepared to fail, multiple times.
>
> · You don't care about my feeling? I doesn't matter, didn't asked you to care.

I am seriously not even going to respond to this, considering this is what I consider: "Yea, so?"-attitude.

@xLukzx:

> · Dies? we're talking about programming, not death. !

Too blind to even recognise examples.

@xLukzx:

> · Listen to someone who probably has far more experience… analizing... How can you know if I have less experience than you?

That's exactly simple: I had to explain you how encryption, image formats, etc. worked while you could actually look up the information yourself or wouldn't even be asking for it, if you were experienced into the matter.

@xLukzx:

> This only have a name, and its called Egocentrism.

No, this is what I call an argument, whereas you currently lack one, because you're still trying to be ad hominem.

@xLukzx:

> Also you can call it Prejudgement. And both are bad attitudes in anyone.

Prejudgement is only prejudgement when I would have considered appearance instead of what you wrote. That's like saying Ovidius would not know anything about Greek mythology, because I didn't bother reading his books. What I did here is, in aspect with my example, read what you posted.

@xLukzx:

> I'm owner of a Assistance Forum, and I have to do it all by myself because no one knows how to help me. But in first place I don't boast about my habilities or knowings or simply boast myself. I'm allways modest.
> Consider it for the future.

If you noticed two things, I never initially said I had the right, in fact I actually said: "even though I am an operating system developer, I do not have the right to…", whereas Miguu told you I had the right to be a god, if I wanted, which I didn't want.

@xLukzx:

> **Well. Nothing more to say. This is my last post on the topic. Will not read anymore. So get tired telling me all you want.**

That's fine with me, but being blind and ignorant, and even worse ad hominem, is enough for me to not have any respect for you. Someone who would simply give up is far more worthful talking with, because he/she at least understands why he/she was wrong. You continue to bash my personality instead, which is not only irrelevant, but actually mean.

Now, consider **that** for the future.

Regards,
  Stephan.