Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Animation Frames?

hoozy

Is there any way to add more frames for animations? What I mean by this is, there are usually three frames per direction: Move, stand, attack. However, as I have walkfix enabled, the attack frame is now the same as my third walking frame.

So my quesetion is, is there a way to add more frames? As in 3 frames for walking plus an extra one for attacking? And if this is possible, maybe even 5-frame walking animations, or multiple framed attack animations? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

@hoozy:

> Is there any way to add more frames for animations? What I mean by this is, there are usually three frames per direction: Move, stand, attack. However, as I have walkfix enabled, the attack frame is now the same as my third walking frame.
>
> So my quesetion is, is there a way to add more frames? As in 3 frames for walking plus an extra one for attacking? And if this is possible, maybe even 5-frame walking animations, or multiple framed attack animations? Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Changing frame count is a default feature is PVO. If your making a sidescroller just use that. If your not, download PVO, and study how Miguu did it in the source code and do the same in EO, minus the jumping/landing part.

The way PVO is very situational and isn't a good way of doing it. As you're using something other than Origins, it's going to take a _lot_ of messing around to sort it out. I've never seen such a huge mess as the old BltPlayer procedures.

@Robin:

> The way PVO is very situational and isn't a good way of doing it. As you're using something other than Origins, it's going to take a _lot_ of messing around to sort it out. I've never seen such a huge mess as the old BltPlayer procedures.

is the best multy-frames so far and will remain so in my opinion

@DshWinchester:

> Fix : is the best multy-frames so far and will remain so <~ Open Sourse
> this is a fact
>
> pvo wouldnt be so good without your engine < other fact

If you really think that something can not be improved upon, you should bugger off and stop making games. No matter what a system is, it can _always_ be improved.

If you honestly want to ignore what I say then you're a fool. No matter what your opinion of the system is, it's obvious that I know more about it than you do.

@Robin:

> @DshWinchester:
>
> > is the best multy-frames so far and will remain so in my opinion
>
> My opinion is worth a lot more than yours, however.

Ah, shaddap.

@Soul:

> Because:
> 1\. PVO does it wrong.
> 2\. Origins (which is what PVO is based off of) is a complete rewrite. Other versions are nothing like it and therefore a similar situation can't be implanted.
>
> In short, too much work and we're not going to do it for you.

Fair enough, I was just asking if it was possible. It just seems odd that noone has done it yet, seeing as this seems like one of the more obvious limitations of eclipse.

@Soul:

> 1\. PVO does it wrong.

Just because something isn't up to your standards doesn't mean it's wrong. It works, so it was done right. Maybe not in the best way admittedly but it is the best way to do it that has been released.

Alright. I'll correct that statement then:

The way PVO does it, although working, is certainly not the best way of doing so, however currently the only public one available.

However, in all honesty, it's that kind of philosophy that got Eclipse messed up anyway ("who cares if it isn't done right it works").

@Soul:

> However, in all honesty, it's that kind of philosophy that got Eclipse messed up anyway ("who cares if it isn't done right it works").

Yeah… now that I think about it that's probably the truest thing I've heard in weeks.