Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Subscript out of Range

LordOfHell

I'm currently using Eclipse Origins, it first did run smoothly without any problems, but now when i try to startup the server it actually gives the error: _'runtime error '9' subscript out of range'_ The last thing i did to the server was adding some **resources** and then it just crashed when i tried to save the map. Any idea's how to fix this?

@LordOfHell:

> I'm currently using Eclipse Origins, it first did run smoothly without any problems, but now when I try to startup the server it actually gives the error: _'runtime error '9' subscript out of range'_ The last thing I did to the server was adding some **resources** and then it just crashed when I tried to save the map. Any idea's how to fix this?

Delete the resources you made. Next time, make sure you set all the values to something which is within the right limits.

@Robin:

> @LordOfHell:
>
> > I'm currently using Eclipse Origins, it first did run smoothly without any problems, but now when I try to startup the server it actually gives the error: _'runtime error '9' subscript out of range'_ The last thing I did to the server was adding some **resources** and then it just crashed when I tried to save the map. Any idea's how to fix this?
>
> Delete the resources you made. Next time, **make sure you set all the values to something which is within the right limits.**

What do you mean by that? :'P And how do i delete the resources from the map when i can't seem to open up te server? Because i tried to delete the resources from the resource folder and using a blank one to replace the one i made but it still didn't fix it.

• 2 months later...
Okay, I know what the problem is…
If you start placing your resource attributes on map before you clicked "okay" (where you choose which resource you want). Then you'll get this error. Maybe something that should be fixed or atleast be mentioned. So people dont end up like me, spending time on making a really good map and then you have to delete it.  :P

Thanks for bumping up such a useless topic instead of making a new topic.

Regarding the problem, if I'd actually ever experienced the problem I'd have fixed it. I've never, ever managed to reproduce this error because people don't actually report it properly, they just say 'It errors when you place resources'.

I've placed 1000s of resources in dozens of maps and I've never had this problem.