Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Backgrounds

Bobo_dude16

I want to use a [background](http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/earthbound/sheet/3162) on a map I am working on and cannot find an easy and efficient way to do this. Is there a away to add the whole map itself then work from there or would I have to make a tile for everything and add it like that?

You're using a very outdated version of Eclipse.

Stable is the latest version of the old line of versions.

Origins is a re-write.

Origins already has an in-built panorama feature which allows you to set images which appear behind your map. It'll be in the next release.

@Robin:

> You're using a very outdated version of Eclipse.
>
> Stable is the latest version of the old line of versions.
>
> Origins is a re-write.
>
> Origins already has an in-built panorama feature which allows you to set images which appear behind your map. It'll be in the next release.

So I will have to wait until the next release (already read it doesn't have a set date yet) for the panorama feature, right?

sorry to double post but I didnt want to make another topic for another question. Is there a way to fit a whole map into the sprite viewer without cutting it off? I tried putting a map into the first tileset on origins, but it showed the first bit of it and when I scrolled over it scrolled away
![](http://i56.tinypic.com/9bg007.png)
![](http://i55.tinypic.com/nr0swj.png)

@Bobo_dude16:

> @Robin:
>
> > Why in God's name would you put a full map in a tileset? :|
>
> Because I have no idea how else to do that because I am a newfag I guess? as far as I knew I thought that was the only way to do that

You'd want to make the pieces of the map, and then arrange them in the editor. (EG Grass tile, tree tile/s, house tile/s)
That way you can use the same pieces to make other maps.

@Batman:

> @Bobo_dude16:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > Why in God's name would you put a full map in a tileset? :|
> >
> > Because I have no idea how else to do that because I am a newfag I guess? as far as I knew I thought that was the only way to do that
>
> You'd want to make the pieces of the map, and then arrange them in the editor. (EG Grass tile, tree tile/s, house tile/s)
> That way you can use the same pieces to make other maps.

Well I was mthinking it would be easier to put the whole map in for each area so instead of looking at the map i want to replicate, I would just use each tile in order and them delete them when I am done, but your way sound easier