Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need your help! (non-eclipse)

Tyr

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I tried online marketing for the first time trough a CPA network (cost-per-action, such as e-mail & zip submits)
I found a nice offer to advertise, so I spend $50 advertising this link.
Everything went just fine, until I noticed that the money from this offer was not transferred!

Now, to get this money back, I need **5 seconds** of your time… I found another CPA offer that actually works (tripple checked it this time!)

So if you live in the **USA** and you want to help me, please click the following link and enter a **FAKE** e-mail adress (if not they WILL spam you…)

[http://peerfly.com/x/0/1426/27162/](http://peerfly.com/x/0/1426/27162/)

What the page looks like (for the sceptical people)

>! ![](http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7504/imagecr.png)
Thank you so much by forward! And I'm sorry that I have to bother you guys with this.

_tl;dr I lost $50, and I beg you to click the link and fill in a FAKE e-mail adress_

PS: Only around 60 people have to do this… then I will quit this forever!
PS2: I hope this is not against the rules? If so.. please lock the topic.

For people who don't believe that this is a true story.. (I used AdMob)

>! ![](http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3339/proofmw.png)

@Tyr:

> I'm desperate.. and why the hell do they PM you? I only PM'ed a couple of newcommers..

New comers? Just because they have low post counts doesn't mean they're new. Either way I came back from visiting the parents to have a couple of people on MSN saying they've got some kid spamming their inbox asking for them to save $50 by entering their e-mail address.

@Tyr:

> You sir, are a lier. I PM'ed around 10 people.. then realised I should simply start a topic.
>
> Why doesn't anyone click it and enter a FAKE adress.. you will help me a lot instead of complaining.

What would I gain out of lying to you? People get a fishy PM which is identical to the usual phishing shit you get in your e-mail trash folder. Of course they're going to ask me about it.

![](http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/565/msnhd.png)

If you're going to accuse me of lying at least spell it properly.

Yes, I did PM a couple of people… then realised I should start a topic.
Why do they PM you?
I did write the e-mails myself and send them 1 by 1...

This feels like RL America.. calling people to court for nothing?
I'm just trying to get my money back.. and all I ask people to do is click a damn link.

@Tyr:

> Yes, I did PM a couple of people… then realised I should start a topic.
> Why do they PM you?
>
> This feels like RL America.. calling people to court for nothing?
> I'm just trying to get my money back.. and all I ask people to do is click a damn link.

I told you to not go around PMing people because I didn't want to have people alerting me to this crap. Read my bloody post before flying off the handle and calling me a liar.

@Robin:

> I told you to not go around PMing people because I didn't want to have people alerting me to this crap. Read my bloody post before flying off the handle and calling me a liar.

I quit doing that before you even told me to.
And you must admit that without a screenshot, I couldn't believe people actually did that.

I do apologise.

@Tyr:

> I quit doing that before you even told me to.

Yes. You told me this _after_ I asked you to stop. Shoulda just dropped it there.

@Tyr:

> And you must admit that without a screenshot, I couldn't believe people actually did that.

I think the question here is; How would I know you were PMing people if people hadn't contacted me?

Just for the record, Egon and Dugor aren't "new comers". I've been good friends with them since before Eclipse even existed.

@Tyr:

> Sir Robin,
>
> I'm getting sick of this chat. I didn't set up this topic for you to throw dirt at me.
> You got my apologises, what do you want? Go rant on some other topics.

/shrug

I just found it interesting how someone begging for help has got the time to start accusing an administrator doing his job of lying.

Jezus christ, do some research. PeerFly and AdMob (by google) are both trusted companies.

The only reason I tried this is because I'm at university right now, and need some spare money.
In Belgium.. I cannot simply "get a job" as a student. We are only allowed to work 23 days in summer. (and guess  what… I've used these..)

Again, If you think this is a scam? Great.. but why not simply click that link and enter a fake adress. It doesn't matter if you think it's fake, a scam or whatever. You do help me, whatever you think.

I thought the eclipse community is here to help eachother, eclipse and non-eclipse related questions. I'm dissapointed.

@Robin:

> I just found it interesting how someone begging for help has got the time to start accusing an administrator doing his job of lying.

Your toes are way to long…

@Tyr:

> I thought the eclipse community is here to help eachother, eclipse and non-eclipse related questions. I'm dissapointed.

This isn't a question, it's asking people to sell off their personal details for you to make a bit of cash. Read through your own PM. Now think how you'd react if some random kid just sent you that. You'd ignore it and pass it off as spam as well.

Accusing people of being weary of this kind of crap is just stupid considering you wouldn't act on it either.

@Batman:

> Because google is _sooooo_ not just the search engine you used to get to the site with the actual reviews.

Did you know that google does way more apart from beeing a search engine? They have plenty of websites: GMail, Google Checkout, Google Maps, YouTube.. they even have their own phones, Google TV, Browser, operating system… and the list goes on.

One of their websites is AdMob: [http://www.admob.com/](http://www.admob.com/)

@Robin:

> This isn't a question, it's asking people to sell off their personal details for you to make a bit of cash. Read through your own PM. Now think how you'd react if some random kid just sent you that. You'd ignore it and pass it off as spam as well.
>
> Accusing people of being weary of this kind of crap is just stupid considering you wouldn't act on it either.

I ask for a fucking FAKE e-mail adress… the form that appears behind that is  worthless. I even told them, DO NOT FILL IN THE NEXT FORM.

And by the way, what are 9 year old kids doing on here? They should be playing outside.

You can't mow someone's lawn? Fix someone's computer? You chose poorly to spend $50 and to expect help from _completely random_ people on a forum. I don't know you. I'm not going to help you.

Even if it _isn't_ a scam I'm sure that entering fake information would be scamming the websites you'd be getting money from.

@Egon:

> You can't mow someone's lawn? Fix someone's computer? You chose poorly to spend $50 and to expect help from _completely random_ people on a forum. I don't know you. I'm not going to help you.
>
> Even if it _isn't_ a scam I'm sure that entering fake information would be scamming the websites you'd be getting money from.

Mow the lawn? It's winter
Fix someones computer? I don't change anything for that..

And yes, I do scam those websites.

i'm just closing down this topic, this isn't going anywhere.