Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need assistance with a dragon warrior turn based combat system and party follow

Toahst

hey guys, I got an idea from a game i played, where it was an morpg, but it was turn based in the style of old school dragon warrior games. the way it worked was if someone joined your party they would attach to the back of the party leader and form a line behind him, following him until they decided to leave the party. so lets say we had 4 people in the party. you would walk around in a forest or something and then a random battle would initiate and the whole party could participate by selecting there options (attack, item, spell, etc.) and then based on their agility would attack in turns.

for starters I'm using EO, and the way i was thinking for the turn based system, is that you would walk around and then based on a random amount of steps you take, you would initiate battle and a window would pop up, taking a monster from the npc database based on the map (the sprite would be replaced with a single frame image) to fight. a lot like the dragon warrior series. also it would be convenient if the system cold have mouse support so that i could click on the attack button in battle and then click on the monster i wish to attack.

as for the follow system, some maps (such as towns and safe areas) would not use the follow script, even if in the party, so as to be able to browse and buy at shops and such. also only the party leader could accept quests (guess i'd need the appropriate quest system to go along with my other 2 systems xD) but the quests objective and rewards would be shared amongst the members.

I am willing to negotiate a payment if need be, if anyone is up to the task, let me know ^^