Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Avian Online Recruitment

Hello thar.

To start off, here's the WIP:

>! [Yes the Old topic is gone, that's because Avian has changed dramatically since October and I felt like that topic was obsolete]
>! _**About**_
>! >! Avian Online was a game I started planning out back in August after being bored one day and deciding to see what's going on on Eclipse. The basics of the game were pretty much done and planned out but the old Avian didn't really have its own ideas, just a load of ideas I had seen on popular MMOs that I wanted to change to fit my own game, but not anymore. Avian offers players a lot of customization, from gear the character face sprites. Also the game is suitable for a wide audience, those who prefer to play with WASD can play with WASD, those who wish to use 1, 2, 3, 4 for their hotbar can use 1, 2, 3, 4 for their hotbar. Every single damn bit of every single damn thing will be explained quite thoroughly in-game, there will be a Grandmaster for everything.. fishing, mining, alchemy, cooking, etc.
>! What Avian is and what I want it to be is a nice **laid back** Sunday afternoon kind of game. The mobs aren't ridiculously scary (except where they need to be) and the quests aren't ridiculously hard-core ;**you don't need to be an elitist to do well in Avian.**
>! _**Money Making**_
>! >! Making money doesn't involve grinding (that much), I though the idea of "do lots of dungeons to get amazing item and sell for millions" was silly, as a former WoW player I know how annoying it is to want to make money but the only way you can do it is by grouping up with random players and having to kill some petty monsters for an hour just to make 20 gold. Players can make money from different profesions, here's a list of the current professions:
>! > * Cooking
> * Alchemy
> * Blacksmithing
> * Tailoring
> * Leatherworking
>! Materials for these professions can be gathered through the different resources, I.e. Mining spots, Herbs, Animals (skinning), Trees, etc.
>! _**PvE, PvP and RP**_
>! >! Dungeons will be a bit hard, they will make you think a lot more than other things do, mechanics for bosses (and dungeons in general) will be very detailed, the simple 'hold down ctrl til it dies' will not work in Avian, you require to perform certain tasks such as, step on a specific tile to wound or impair the boss or kill other mobs in order for the boss to be killable. The bosses are also very much competent, they can cast spells and heal themselves and other unique abilities (depending on the boss).
>! The game is **very** RP heavy. Each quest has a consequence and is based on some sort of lore, e.g. getting Bob his logs builds a fort. Throughout Misalith (the name of the continent in Avian) there are Lore Caves (as I like to call them), these will play a major part in some of the endgame events because each cave shows you a piece of a vision, which gives you clues as to what will happen in the future. The caves also have hidden dungeons within them, these dungeons are **phased** and will be part of the visions themselves.
>! The game is very RP heavy but it focuses a lot on conflict (as the main storyline will explain). I'm planning on creating a battleground system where players fight for a specific piece of land, either with eachother or the opposing faction (which is unplayable but because bosses will be competent they will act as players, sort of), these battlegrounds will give the players Badges of Honour which they can exchange for armour that is designed for PVP (I.e. more Endurance and Agility). Other battlegrounds will be in a Capture the Flag sort of style.
_**Lore, Plot and Universe**_

>! Anyways, the story and universe surrounding Avian:
>! > Chapter I:
>
> The effect of greed took its toll on young Avorus. Once, he was a student who wanted to learn, his desire to learn brought him to powerful dark magic, once he had learnt this dark magic he did not wish to turn back despite the many warnings from the elders. One day, Avorus disappeared without warning and then reappeared two years later at the Altar of Golganoth. Avorus’ lust for power had driven him mad; he began to hear Golganoth’s voice asking him to free him. Avorus did just that. As he ripped apart the gates of hell to revive the fallen demon a massive burst of dark energy engulfed Avorus. Instantly Avorus knew what had happened, he and the great demon had switched place, he was now chained to the gates of hell while Golganoth was free to wreak havoc on the kingdom of Misalith. Golganoth did not have enough energy to escape the Gates of Hell on his own so he looked at Avorus and laughed. The demon began draining Avorus’ soul until he had enough energy in him to escape. As he did so he told Avorus that he finally had everything, he was immortal and had all the knowledge in the world, but not enough to kill the great demon. Golganoth tore a great crevice in the ground and descended into Misalith to wreak havoc once more.
> Hundreds of years earlier a powerful wizard and a master of the elements named Malfenous battled Golganoth and managed to defeat him before Golganoth had a chance to slaughter him. Before the battle, Malfenous had gathered the five elemental runes and combined them to create a Prismatic Rune. He used this rune to trap Golganoth in the Gates of Hell at the price of his own life. After the rune sealed them both in the Gates of Hell the rune split into the five elemental runes of Fire, Water, Wind, Shadow and Light again and scattered themselves across Misalith. Only when these runes are brought together again will Golganoth be defeated.
> Your journey will take you across Misalith and other unknown lands in order to find these runes, they must be found before Golganoth and his undead army permanently take control over Misalith. While searching for these runes you will be caught in many wars and battles with the Avians, a group of Tyrants ruling over the kingdom of Misalith. You are a Glynean, a rebel group that aims to gather the runes in order to stop Golganoth and to dethrone the Avian leader, Helius.
>! There are other chapters but I'll be releasing them as expansions (also they are completely different because of the events that occur in-game which I also do not wish to spoil).
>! _**Classes**_
>! >! Classes are quite simple, here's a list of what they do and what they can use. Any class can use any weapon, I thought it was silly that games put class requirements on weapons because anyone can learn how to wield a sword or an axe, anyways, heres the list:
>! > Warriors:
>
>     * Use Plate armor.
>     * Use bleeding effects (DoTs) and stuns.
>     * Use armor/weapons with Endurance and Strength bonuses.
>     * Can dual wield but prefer to use 2handers.
>     * Have a range of Buff spells to increase their Strength and Endurance aswell as to reduce enemy's stats.
>
> Thieves:
>
>     * Use Cloth armor.
>     * Have high Agility.
>     * Have a variety of stuns and effects to increase melee speed.
>     * Can enchant their weapons with poisons that increase damage and apply DoTs to enemy targets.
>     * Are able to stealth (become invisible), outside of combat.
>
> Priests:
>
>     * Use Cloth armor
>     * Excellent healers due to high Spirit and Will.
>     * Able to reduce damage done to friendly targets and themselves.
>     * Can use shadow damage that drain's enemy's health/mana.
>     * Can reduce healing done to an enemy.
>     * Lots of AoE heal spells.
>
> Necromancers:
>
>     * Able to use Mail armor
>     * Short cast time spells.
>     * Have many Mana draining, Health draining and Damage doing 'over time' spells.
>     * Can drain dead enemy's abilities and use them as their own.
>     * Can resurrect fallen enemy's as their minions to fight for them in combat
>
> Arcanists:
>
>     * Able to use Cloth armor
>     * Able to enchant their weapons and armor.
>     * Able to teleport and create portals to major cities.
>     * Have many AoE damage spells.
>     * Specialize in Arcane magic which is strong against Plate armor.
>
> Spiritwalkers:
>
>     * Use Leather armor.
>     * Use totems to boost certain stats (Like Intellect or Strength).
>     * Melee abilities' damage based on Intellect.
>     * Able to resurrect fallen comrades (also able to heal moderately well).
>     * Can summon spirits to aid them in battle.
>     * Masters of all elements.
>
> Druids (Work in Progress):
>
>     * Use Leather armor
>     * Able to shapeshift into different animals which also give stat bonuses and new abilities.
>     * Able to use short cast time HoTs.
>     * Masters of Nature and Astral magic.
>
> Guardians:
>
>     * Use Plate armor.
>     * Have high Endurance and are therefore excellent tanks.
>     * Able to heal themselves and others.
>     * AoE Damage spells.
>     * Able to reduce damage done to themselves and others.
>
> Beastmasters (Work in Progress):
>
>     * Use Mail armor.
>     * Can tame pets.
>     * Use mostly range abilities.
>     * Damage done by range abilities affected by spellpower (Intellect).
>! _**Features**_
>! >! This list will be updated as I make 'em but here goes:
>! > -Lore-Based Quests, interconnectedness (everything is linked, every action has a consequence, etc).
> -Gather/Kill/Deliver/Explore/Find Quests.
> -Complicated and detailed game mechanics in Dungeons and Boss fights.
> -Questlines for epic weapons, armour, etc.
> -PvP related minigames: Capture the flag style games, Battlegrounds, Arena, Dueling, etc.
> -PvE related minigames: Monster killing games, Boss encounters, Item Acquiring, etc.
> -Party System.
> -Guilds.
> -Dungeons (extra EXP, better loot, etc).
> -Competent bosses; bosses that cast spells, heal themselves, etc, at certain points.
> -Archery (we're using EO, that's why it's worth mentioning ;D).
> -Levelable professions.
> -Armor proficiencies (cloth, leather, mail, plate).
> -Territory system.
> -Harvestable environment.
> -Professions.
> -Elements and Resistances.
> Here's a bit more detail on a few of those and more:
>
> >! **Minor Design Features:**
> Helmets - Because customization is what makes players feel unique they will be able to choose different hair styles, because of this on-equip most helms will change the player’s sprite to a bald base sprite and on unequip their last sprite, this will be triggered through a check box in the item editor.
> >! Tabbed Chat - Something I wanted to try out is having different chat channels in different tabs. When a message is sent these tabs would flash when a message is sent. This would allow clear organization for messages. Obviously not every channel will have it’s own tab, but most will.
> Phasing - After completing a certain quest (or quest chain) a player is warped to a new map to show how to world has progressed due to him, for example, you receive a quest from Bob to get some logs, on completion you are teleported to a new map (player will not notice, he will be on the same map just with a few minor changes), heading south will show the player how Bob has now built a fence around the village, before completing the quest he would not have seen the fence.
> >! Lots of Options - Again, lots of options for customization, minor things like show percentages or text on the health bar and being able to change keybindings.
> >! Commands - Not really a feature but I thought it should be mentioned, simple commands such as /afk and /laugh for Roleplay and just to let players know what’s going, a list of a few command’s that are possibly going to be used:
> • /afk
> • /oom – Out of Mana, useful in raids.
> • /laugh – Roleplay Emote.
> • /cry – Roleplay Emote.
> I’m also considering a few more but because of them being mostly motion emotes like for example /wave it would look odd because of the character not having an actual wave emote so I’m still thinking about those.
> >! ‘Harvestable’ Environment - Most herbs ,plantlife, rocks and minerals  can be picked up by players and used for different professions.
> >! **Major Design Features:**
> Customizable player face sprites - On character creation players will be able to customize their face sprite from premade styles, this also effects the character sprite. They will be able to customize Hair, Mouth and Nose. Just a simple design for the interface:
> >! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/36099e0829b43aa45285995404160adb.png)
> >! Professions - Different professions can be learnt by players, these will probably allow players to make money more than anything else and will also help towards PvE and PvP. What I thought was always fun was crafting armour for raids and so the whole guild benefitted, at max-level (60) players will be able to do raids in which they can gather materials from boss and trash mobs drops which are useable by blacksmiths for example, with these the blacksmith can craft resistance gear so that the guild are able to progress further. These professions will have small interfaces that show a list of the recipes the player has learnt and what it requires.
> >! Elements & Resistances - As said before about professions resistances will play a major part in the game as different bosses have different resistances and their own element. Some bosses will require special gear made, such as frost resistance armour or fire resistance armour. Gear will also provide extra spell and melee power to certain a certain element (e.g. +23 Frost Spellpower).
> >! Lore Caves - Lore Caves will be inhabited by an ancient or elder NPC that will give the player a clue as to the whereabouts of either a rune or the vision that lies in their cave. The lore cave’s vision is a mini dungeon of event’s to come; the dungeon is phased. In total there will be around 10.
> >! Territories - Players can create parties of 5 in order to capture certain territory. These towns/villages are occupied by NPCs that respawn every 15 minutes, they will all attempt to kill you if you are in their aggro radius, if one of the player’s manages to claim the flag the NPC’s will ‘flee’ and the players would have gained that piece of territory. They then have 5 minutes to prepare because other players may attack their territory after the 5 minutes of protected time is over. Rewards range from Badge of Honours to Weapons and Titles (depending on how many flags players have captured).
> >! **Misc.**
> Turuu Village Tournement - Turuu village is a small settlement in the desert. They have no actual ruler or chieftain, instead they hold a PvP tournament every few days, the winner is awarded control of the village and is given a title, the player also has access to a few more benefits from the village such as Blessings of Turuu – Increases Intellect and Strength by 89 for 30 mins.
> >! **Item Types**
> • Helm
> • Chest
> • Legs
> • Main Hand
> • Off Hand
> • Neck
> • Ring
> • Recipe
> • Spell Book
> • Teleportation Rune
> • Pouch (When used it adds an item that is specified in the editor to the player’s inventory)
> • Ankh (When a player dies an Ankh allows him to choose whether he wishes to respawn or resurrect where he died)
> >! **Completed Systems**
> • Item1 + Item2 = Item3 Crafting System, basis for the professions.
> • Parties.
> • Guilds.
> • NPC Convos.
> • Quests.
>! _**Screenshots**_

>! These are pretty old, but they're the sort of things you'll see in Avian:
>! > ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/18154af0600a409ba6cc5d9c8ec42a0c.png)
>
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6d1e1c3c369a2628af656d281e3a95bd.png)
>
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/73653a13db55d634fe2341a48add74b3.png)
>! _**Staff and Credits**_
>! >! Sekaru [Graphics, Mapping, Programming]
Relly [Pixel Art]
>! Also thanks to Aramyth for helping me with bits of programming and his Updater.
>! Thats about it.
>! Also be sure to check out the forums, I'll be posting a lot of news and updates there, you can find them here: http://www.avianonline.forumotion.com/
>! Regards,
Sekaru

What we're looking for:

-Mapper - One position available.
-Spriter - Two postitions avaiable.
-Lore Writer - Two positions available.

If you wish to apply you may add me on msn, [email protected]

You can also apply through the forum here: http://avianonline.forumotion.com/f7-job-applications

When applying you must fill out this form:

Type of job:
Why you should be picked to do this job:
Any past experience:
Previous work (if applicable):

Any other questions just post them on the forums or email me.

• 4 weeks later...
Type of job: Student
Why you should be picked to do this job: I am dedicated and have experience.
Any past experience: Autumn Shadow, Two Blood Worlds, and I helped with a few maps on 2 games that didn't have names yet…
Previous work (if applicable): I will post something later...

• 1 month later...
@danieldino:

> hello,
> if you want help with my project. www.zenres.pl
> we did all the graphics from the beginning.
> We have graphic designers, script, php programmers, we need extra money to play a few possibilities that you have done.

This is a recruitment thread, not an I need work thread.