Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Some questions…

Tic Tac

ENGINE: Project Vertigo Origins
Okay, I was hooked on stable and now I find trouble using Origins.
You know.. I am used to Sadscript and not used to source editing. I have VB 6, so I am able to edit the source, which is good because Origins require VB6 in order to make a good game.
So I am working on this game "Stick Legion Online" and I have some questions regarding the EO engine.
I'll number them up.

1\. How do I make conversations with NPCS in a GUI? Like a window where you press next, next, next.
2\. How do I make a tile so when you press CTRL, a shop opens up.
3\. How do I make guns/bows? Can I add sounds when I shoot?
4\. How do I make custom spells, like an AoE spell that I get to decide where people get damaged?
5\. How do I make an NPC that teleports you to a specified location?

I am very well aware that all of these/most of these require sourcing, I am prepared for that as I have my VB6 opened right now :-D

When you reply to a question you know how to answer, please put the number of the question before you answer it :-)

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks and a million more thanks

EDIT: Oh, instead of replying you could just create a tutorial for everyone to view then send me a link through a message. Thanks :-)

//Tic Tac

1:This feature is not included and you need to source it or buy Robin's Package
2:Check how scripted tiles worked in the old engine. Recreate that feature but with a shop number option.
3:I dont believe ranged combat has been added yet. Sound is also being developed.
4:Not exactly sure where you are going with this. You can add AoE already in the spell editor. Do you mean AoE without a target?
5:This would be a special script or source edit. If this is a normal thing in your game(like there are many of these people) I would say make a behaviour and with that behaviour you pick the warp location and sent them there.

These are all relatively involved. Doubt anyone will go ahead and make them for you.

Could you like.. post tutorials on how to source these features?
And yes, i mean aoe without target.

Would someone please post some tutorials? ,_,
i mean i dont want to have shop tiles so that whenever you go near an npc, a shop opens up.