Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have some trouble port forwarding my game

jakam174

Hi, I am starting my game and a friend of mine would like to help me with the mapping so I sent him the client in order we could connect both of us at the same time

I followed most of the port forwarding tutorials on the forums and apparently everything is right (I mean, my rourter portforwards port 7001, i set up a no-ip account) but my friends client cant get online

Could someone give me a hand on what i am doing wrong?  :lol:

Thanks

Isn't the default port for Eclipse 4000/4001? Could also be that you did not properly save the settings on your router when port forwarding. Don't use No-IP if you can't even get it to work without it, to be honest you shouldn't use it at all, it just adds unnecessary latency to your client while it doesn't do anything for you at all.

> Sorry to keep you waiting.
>
> I checked my router settings and all I can do is set NATFiltering to open. Is this what you talking about or is something else?

Well that takes care of one of them, sometimes the isp will set your NAT settings on your modem to be strict. See if you can access it by entering 192.168.100.1, you may need permissions from your isp to support you. If make the call just tell them to have your NAT configurations set to bridge.

• 3 months later...
Okay, not sure where you are in the progress of this, but I will walk you through how to set it up.

1.) Ensure server is running (I know this seems silly, but I want to cover all the bases)

2.) Click the windows button, and open a command prompt by searching for cmd.

3.) Type in ipconfig, it will spit out a bunch of numbers, you are looking for your IPv4 Address under your Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, usually something along the lines of 192.168.0.10, 10.0.0.10 dependent on your router and your ISP. Write down what it is.

4.) Create a *NEW* connection using the IP address you just wrote down. Delete any other copies of you have of your server that are already there.

5.) Test connection, if it works then you are good so far, if it doesn't message me and let me know.

6.) If you already have no-ip set up, then keep it (I use it), check to make sure its up and running. Sometimes you have to refresh the host.

7.) Go into your router, set up port forwarding for 7001 (default) for Eclipse 4.0 to the same local IP address you used earlier (the one from step 2)

8.) Go into you Server List, delete all copies of your connection to your server (Do this for troubleshooting later on to make sure you don't try to use the wrong one)

9.) Create a new server for your no-ip address, should be something like yourservername.ddns.net

10.) Login and enjoy. If this doesn't work let me know in a PM and I can go into more detail about your specific hardware.

• 1 month later...
> Okay, not sure where you are in the progress of this, but I will walk you through how to set it up.
>
>  
>
> 1.) Ensure server is running (I know this seems silly, but I want to cover all the bases)
>
> 2.) Click the windows button, and open a command prompt by searching for cmd.
>
> 3.) Type in ipconfig, it will spit out a bunch of numbers, you are looking for your IPv4 Address under your Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection, usually something along the lines of 192.168.0.10, 10.0.0.10 dependent on your router and your ISP. Write down what it is.
>
> 4.) Create a *NEW* connection using the IP address you just wrote down. Delete any other copies of you have of your server that are already there.
>
> 5.) Test connection, if it works then you are good so far, if it doesn't message me and let me know.
>
> 6.) If you already have no-ip set up, then keep it (I use it), check to make sure its up and running. Sometimes you have to refresh the host.
>
> 7.) Go into your router, set up port forwarding for 7001 (default) for Eclipse 4.0 to the same local IP address you used earlier (the one from step 2)
>
> 8.) Go into you Server List, delete all copies of your connection to your server (Do this for troubleshooting later on to make sure you don't try to use the wrong one)
>
> 9.) Create a new server for your no-ip address, should be something like yourservername.ddns.net
>
> 10.) Login and enjoy. If this doesn't work let me know in a PM and I can go into more detail about your specific hardware.

I think he already followed that tutorial, this is what he meant by "I followed most of the port forwarding tutorials on the forums and apparently everything is right", so he is most likely being at the end of this tutorial. 

I did the same thing as him, and I got the same problem. It works perfectly for me, but does not work for others, it says that it failed to connect.