Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some buildings I've been working for the past week.

Chakkra

@Chakkra:

> I see what you're saying and I can tell where you're coming from and perhaps I do contradict myself quite often. But I have not instigated a single argument in this topic. I attempted to ignore other's stupidity but other people decided to argue with each other is my point.

If you roll back, it's basically because Robin compared your style to another person's style and says your's looks worse. Then people got angry, because Robin made a post, while being a "hypocrite" about the subject.

To sum it up, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Jesus this topic is derailed…

I disagree with Robin. I think it's a bit better than the other guy's work because of the pallet. Maybe it's just personal preferance though... The lineart is good though. I can't comment much on the perspectives since they seem nice.

Stupid? I pointed out you were emulating someone else's style a few days after he showcased it. If you're going to copy someone else's style of course you're going to get compared to the person who did it originally.

Whether you take it as constructive criticism or not is entirely up to you. "Looks like Andi's work but worse" can just be reworded to, "Either stop using Andi's style or do a better job of copying it."

Seems you went with the latter as it's an improvement but you're still screwing with the perspective too much. It just doesn't work the way you're doing it. The slight angle which you're apparently using just doesn't work with such an exaggerated style.

The texturing is bland, the wood looks like you've drawn it on in wax crayon and the line art is sketchy. If you actually cut off the lower part of the building and re-draw it as the usual forward-facing building then it works much better. You're mixing the perspectives which ultimately just looks like an amateurish rip-off of some much better work.