Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stable versus EO

damian666

Ok, I am getting sick with all the threads asking what engine is better, or users stating Stable is best around.

I want to clear this up once and for all…

Stable is old and defunct, stop using it, move to EO

now to not only shout, but also explain why.

the most common thing I hear is that Stable is better because of the scripting.

well, guess what, Sadscript IS vb6, if ya can script, you can work in VB6.
and I didn't even mention the speed impact the scripting engine has on the damn server >.<

Next up, Stable has more features, although this seems to look like it right now, keep in mind Eo is still in active development, and stable is not.

and the features Stable has, are bugged xd

so, I decided to pull the plug on it, its gone, its been a nice run, but its dead, so please guys, do yourself a favor, and drop it, use Eo.

You will be glad you did ^^

Dami

Coming from the Stable developer himself. I hope this clears up all the silly arguments that have been spouting up all over the place.

I'd also like to point out that none of these issues are Damian's fault. They were inherent in the Evolution 2.7 version he built Stable off of. He actually did a ton of work fixing up the issues, he just couldn't fix the deep-rooted problems which have been around for years.

I think we should all feel appreciative of the time he spent trying to sort out the engine, but also realise that a lost cause is a lost cause. ;]