Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TE High CPU Useage?

NettoSaito

Well for some reason my game is starting to use a LOT of CPU when it's running and I have no idea why. Yes it's running using TE but it's been that way for years and has never had this problem till this week.

A few days ago I got a new computer and before I moved all my files over I decided to run the game one last time to make sure it would be ok when I moved it over. Well after playing for a min or 2 I noticed I wasn't able to open any other programs. According to my task manager the game was using 100% of the CPU.

So anyway, the computer had a bad CPU to start with with not much ram, so I didn't really worry about it since I was about to set up the new computer which has a dual processor. Well, I still have the same problem. Although it doesn't reach 100% on the new PC, the % usage goes up to around 50% and I can really hear my computer kick the speed up.

Does anyone know what's going on? Why would this problem just happen out of no where after 4 years? Also if there isn't a way to fix it (other than downloading EO) could this be harmful to my CPU?

@Legend:

> Does anyone know what's going on?

Your engine is bad. Put on your optimising hat.

@Legend:

> Why would this problem just happen out of no where after 4 years?

Straw that broke the camel's back.

@Legend:

> Also if there isn't a way to fix it (other than downloading EO) could this be harmful to my CPU?

No. Making your computer work harder isn't going to break it.