Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quest System

NexSteve

Seems alright.. perhaps a bit too simplified, as there's no room for scripted events, talk-to quests and quest chaining as it seems.. :) How's the actual quest system progressing though? An editor isn't really worth anything without the underlying core ;)

@Robin:

> A single thing to do isn't very advanced. It's piss easy to just have them stored in a dynamic array and allow the user to select how many things he wants the user to do. Same with rewards.

I know that. I have it so the data saved to the arrays actually does something.  I was just showing the editor in light that maybe someone would want help with this, and if so I was going to release it.  But i'm done coming to this website, whats the point? I just get flamed every time i post something anyway.

You're missing the point: It's not advanced. The 'Show Off' section isn't for having people admire you for nothing, it has to be REALLY good. Keep in mind people will be bringing their best critique (or, they should) to your topic.

What Robin was saying is that you should have they stored in a dynamic array so you can have a large number of events until a quest chain ends. You're not being flamed, you're being critiqued. If you don't want to be, don't post.

@Murdoc:

> lol.. you just gotta learn to take criticism better. this is the real world.

Its not…...Lol its a forum, and ill post it all when its finished I guess. But people have some stuff that's just awful and yet there not being critiqued the way I am.  Its not, good try or looks like its coming along nicely. Nope its you suck and you should quit.  But your right guess its not advanced so ill remove that.

@Soul:

> The 'Show Off' section isn't for having people admire you for nothing, it has to be REALLY good.

Most of the stuff in 'Show Off' isnt REALLY good, its actually sub par maybe average.

and if that's the Robin I know, somethings up.

@NexSteve:

> Its not…...Lol its a forum, and ill post it all when its finished I guess. But people have some stuff that's just awful and yet there not being critiqued the way I am.  Its not, good try or looks like its coming along nicely. Nope its you suck and you should quit.  But your right guess its not advanced so ill remove that.
>
> Most of the stuff in 'Show Off' isnt REALLY good, its actually sub par maybe average.
>
> and if that's the Robin I know, somethings up.

You're missing the point. The fact that I posted here means that I think it's got potential. The reason I don't go around critiquing the bad stuff is because there's simply no point. I'm not going to waste my time giving suggestions to someone who can't create something at least average.

I also don't sit here F5ing the Show-off section, so you can't expect me to go through every single thread posting something to everyone.

@Captain:

> Everything is too spread out. Bunch it in a bit more.
> Also, make everything dynamic as Robin said.

Will do.

@Robin:

> You're missing the point. The fact that I posted here means that I think it's got potential. The reason I don't go around critiquing the bad stuff is because there's simply no point. I'm not going to waste my time giving suggestions to someone who can't create something at least average.
>
> I also don't sit here F5ing the Show-off section, so you can't expect me to go through every single thread posting something to everyone.

Understood.