Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with Eclipse Origins!

ReapZz

Ok here is me dilemma,

I have just recently downloaded EO, and have been playing around working things out ect.

But I have one problem!

How do I get my Character to auto attack when I click on a monster?

All help will be appreciated.
Regards,
ReapZz

(NOTE: I am not good with code ect. so please try keep as simple as possible!)

Thanks for your quick reply,

I am trying to learn Visual Basics atm so this shall be a good challenge!

Also would you be able to point me to some good tutorials or one topic one questions applies?

Regards,
ReapZz

There is no simple solution for this, it'd require quite some knowledge as it involves pathfinding and modifying some existing systems with timers and whatnot..

Basically what you'd need to do is look up the code where you select a target, and change it to also send a message to the server to check if it's an unfriendly/neutral NPC.. If it's one of those, it'll switch your character to combat mode, making it follow the target if it's not near your current location, and if it is in range you'll need to modify the attack timer to make it attack whenever the timer runs out, rather then when the timer runs out and you pressed attack.. Until the player's target gets ereased offcourse. :)

Sadly there are no tutorials for anything like this at the moment.. But I suggest you to google some VB6 tutorials, and after that start with some basic source edits, and read through some of the tutorials that currently exist on these forums, but before adding anything.. try reading the code and see if you understand most of it. :)

Thank you so so much for your help and support, I think for now until I grasp the idea of VB I will stick to the attack spell :D

I will update you all, and let you know how I am going.

Thanks again,
ReapZz

If I get around to it, I'll post some code for ya.  I sort of did something like this.  If you click on an NPC that's not friendly, your player will attack.  (Although he doesn't chase your target down, you still move after your npc manually, but as long as you're facing your target, your player will attack automatically)

It's a pretty easy edit