Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I get my game pubic

Jiaman

Brief: I need to be able to get my server public. I need a way to get it public and but I've tried to look for solutions but I can't seem to find any.

Additional information:
I do NOT need it running 24/7.
I have a dynamic IP.
My router is 'ZyXEL P-660HN-F1Z.
I HAVE portforwarded before using a linkys router. (I changed my broadband provider as well as it the router. I am currently on a contract so I can't change it back :(.)

Problem:
I've have tried several ways to get my server online, Portforwarding, using Utorrent.. and the UPnP (It says that my UPnP may have been disabled or not functioning properly) program. The only program that did work was hamachi but everytime my client installs it, his computer crashes and then it requires a setback.

Any solutions? - Sorry If I have posted in the wrong forum but I don't know where else I could put it.

Thanks,
Jiaman :)

@Soul:

> Don't even suggest Hamachi. It's terrible.

Soul honestly hamachi is easy if you don't wanna learn how to port forward.Also my game works on other computers and I'm using hamachi so Gimulex is right if Jiaman doesn't want to learn how to port forward.

Hamachi is a third-party service and it limits your speed and players. Only a certain amount of people can connect to Hamachi at once, and it's slower. It doesn't work with the Eclipse Status Checker. It's terrible. If you can't understand portforwarding, it's not something we made up. It's possible to portforward with EVERY router out there. Just because you're too lazy to do it doesn't mean every one of your game players should install Hamachi.

Here is how to portforward with your router.
http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwading-zyxel-p-660hn-f1z-zyxel-firmware

make sure you are using the correct port that you have configured with eclipse. EO's port is defaulted to 7001 i believe. Make sure you make your server have a static local IP (192.168.1.XXX) or whatever your router assigns, and then in your router forward 7001 to that local ip. Start eclipse and leave it on.

on your client make sure it is set for the same port. Put in your WAN IP and that should be it.

Oh one other thing… i dont know if Robin changed it in EO, but if you are running your client on the same machine as your server you have to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the server ip in your client. You were not able to connect using your WAN IP locally in the older version of eclipse.

I know how to port forward.. I HAVE port forwarded but when I check it sometimes say offline..

I have windows 7 and I'm sure I've port forwarded through the firewall aswell so I still can't seem to find the solution.

@sunku:

> Soul honestly hamachi is easy if you don't wanna learn how to port forward.Also my game works on other computers and I'm using hamachi so Gimulex is right if Jiaman doesn't want to learn how to port forward.

I KNOW how to port forward; I've done it but theres an error somewhere but I can't work out where.

Marsh's autoportforwarder:
I've tried it but it says that my UPnP is disabled or problem.. etc..

@Jiaman:

> I KNOW how to port forward; I've done it but theres an error somewhere but I can't work out where.
>
> Marsh's autoportforwarder:
> I've tried it but it says that my UPnP is disabled or problem.. etc..

oh ok then my word is withdrawn in this topic.

@Gwen:

> did  you check your router to see if you have UPnP disabled?
>
> did you verify the settings that i pointed out?

I've got it enabled but … it says:
Note :
For UPnP to function normally, the HTTP service must be available for LAN computers using UPnP

So what is that suppose to mean?