Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Question about Coding.

Grizzy

Okay so aside from I know nothing of coding can someone answer me this. For a basic coder, lets say I had a quest system and after every quest the quest saved a log, and this log was visible by the player by clicking on a link on the in-game GUI, just like you would click to look at your inventory, char, stats, and ect.. Pretty much so players could keep up with all of their big in game accomplishments and completed quests.. How the sable would this be for an average coder to do? & in general how hard of a code would this be?

Thats why I asked aside from me not being able to code how hard would it be to code a quest marking system like that for the average person.. And would it cause the server lots of lag? I kinda just wanted specs on the idea.

@Lavos:

> With Robins coding style? Heck, It might take a while to figure things out if your completely new.

What is wrong with Robin's coding style?

But back on topic…

I personally don't think it would be too hard, you could just have a hard coded list of quest names, or store them in a file, that gets read and checked against a set of checkpoint values for each quest, then the names are used and can either have a status next to them (completed, started, not started) or coloured differently to show progress.