Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trouble with the source files. [SOLVED]

Solstice

I can't seem to access the form for the main menu (the one that appears directly after the loading), In the source folder (client\src) I can only find some of the windows, such as trade and the in-game edit tools. I was wondering if someone could point me to the location of the rest of the files.

I'm new to VB6 as I was taught to use VB.NET.     
I'm somewhat unsure as to whether the files are there, but are just hidden somewhere amongst the others.

Robin - Thank you for using textbook style coding, it makes some of the code familiar to me.

@God:

> I've opened them, however frmMenu brings up the trade window and party interface, the other forms such as frmIndex open things like character creation and account registration.

frmIndex doesn't exist in Origins. What the hell are you opening?

It does the same thing. I still can't find the single frm for the main menu. frmmain brings up the ingame window with trade and party windows displayed. frmMenu opens the character creation. And all the rest are editors for in-game. If you could make a highlighted print screen, that'd be great.

Edit: Reading this back to myself, I can see where you're getting misinformation.

When I open the single form, it's like a shortcut to open all of them in the project window, where I edit them. When I said "I still can't find the single frm for the main menu." I meant "I can't find the form for the main menu, in the project box."

Ah, I understand you now.

You see, the frmMain is just one form. That's right, one, but it shows everything we need. The way it works is by hiding picture boxes it doesn't need an showing the ones it does. The idea is less forms are more manageable.

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e2fb0dad73951196904383b28c8021bb.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#e2fb0dad73951196904383b28c8021bb.png)

See this? You would click the dropdown box. From there, you can pick which control you want.

Then, you right click the selected control (you can't see it, yet) and the hit "Bring To Front". Then you can edit it to your liking.

I think this is what you mean.