Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Transparent picturebox

cowin000

I want to make the chat box and the inventory and all the other menus transparent slightly like how they are in robins gamr crystalshire. His game is brilliantly put together and id like to have a few of the same features he has can you help me please

EO uses direct draw (dx7) to render graphics. DX7 doesn't have alpha blending which is what you need. You need to convert the engine over to Dx8\. I think I heard a rumor about robin selling a Dx8 engine sometime soon, but don't quote me on that. If you decide to do it yourself then just look up tutorials on dx8 2d games. It isn't very hard to do and only took me a few days to learn and do it myself. You should be rather proficient at vb6 before trying to do this though.

Never mind i actually did it my way and i figured it out. I made vb read a png file that was alph blended and it basically came up just the way i wanted it. You can see the picScreen a little bit throught the chat box… YES :cheesy:

@cowin:

> Never mind i actually did it my way and i figured it out. I made vb read a png file that was alph blended and it basically came up just the way i wanted it. You can see the picScreen a little bit throught the chat box… YES :cheesy:

LOL.. Black magician?

@cowin:

> Never mind i actually did it my way and i figured it out. I made vb read a png file that was alph blended and it basically came up just the way i wanted it. You can see the picScreen a little bit throught the chat box… YES :cheesy:

No you didn't. That's not how computers work. You're obviously using a 3rd party library which causes this to happen.