Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stuff i cant do…....

Barto

Soo i like this software and i was wondering how to go about getting people in on a project, I could do it all myself but it would take forever and it probably would turn out to look like something an elemantary student drew…......

So i was wondering if anyone around here is interested, i have a small win98 hosting the server software a for me with vnc and all that good stuff, still working on alot of things but if anyone is interested let me know.

I could realy use soemone with some artistic talent, as i completely lack any and all of that.........

Let me get this completely straight..

You like Eclipse Origins (I'm guessing) and are interested in making a game, but you don't have the 'experience' to do this and so are looking for a team of.. experienced people to help you out.

Well, let's get started then..

Let's begin with how demotivated you sound. You say your project will take forever, well having the software to make a game doesn't make, making the game any easier. Making a successful game takes time, and if you don't have it, then I don't recommend you even start at all.

You don't sound motivated because it takes time and you don't have enough experience to make a successful game. Well, everyone starts out as a beginner with no experience, there are people who I saw whining about they will never get it right and I saw people who admitted they couldn't do anything but worked their guts out to be better in what they do and succeed.

I'm going to say this simple, you're not getting a team just like that. You need to show what YOU can do, first. You can't expect a team to take all the work from you. If you don't have a good plan to make a good game, then don't start recruiting at all. Because if I were a good Pixel artist or coder, I would not even consider joining your team.

Another thing is, we don't even know what you plan on making and what your plans are. I'm guessing it would be just a normal game, with fighting some monsters, doing some quests and oh might as well thrown in some events and what not. Your game should be unique and should scream: "This game's awesome, PLAY ME!!" for you to get players into your game.

You need to show examples and ideas that present your game, to get yourself a team. And another thing, you posted this in the wrong board. I don't think you're here to discuss if you want someone with artistic talent or not. This is the **discussion** board.

Rant done, but I have MUCH more if you so require it.

@Rusher:

> Let me get this completely straight..
>
> You like Eclipse Origins (I'm guessing) and are interested in making a game, but you don't have the 'experience' to do this and so are looking for a team of.. experienced people to help you out.
>
> Well, let's get started then..
>
> Let's begin with how demotivated you sound. You say your project will take forever, well having the software to make a game doesn't make, making the game any easier. Making a successful game takes time, and if you don't have it, then I don't recommend you even start at all.
>
> You don't sound motivated because it takes time and you don't have enough experience to make a successful game. Well, everyone starts out as a beginner with no experience, there are people who I saw whining about they will never get it right and I saw people who admitted they couldn't do anything but worked their guts out to be better in what they do and succeed.
>
> I'm going to say this simple, you're not getting a team just like that. You need to show what YOU can do, first. You can't expect a team to take all the work from you. If you don't have a good plan to make a good game, then don't start recruiting at all. Because if I were a good Pixel artist or coder, I would not even consider joining your team.
>
> Another thing is, we don't even know what you plan on making and what your plans are. I'm guessing it would be just a normal game, with fighting some monsters, doing some quests and oh might as well thrown in some events and what not. Your game should be unique and should scream: "This game's awesome, PLAY ME!!" for you to get players into your game.
>
> You need to show examples and ideas that present your game, to get yourself a team. And another thing, you posted this in the wrong board. I don't think you're here to discuss if you want someone with artistic talent or not. This is the **discussion** board.
>
> Rant done, but I have MUCH more if you so require it.

nice, Seriusoly had to write a whole speach about how im unmotivated, un experienced, and whatever else you wrote, lol let me start by saying i do have some experience, not in makeing pixel arts or even drawing on paper but codeing and software i can do idk much BASIC but im leanring, and ya i havent realy made up my mind about what im doing, or how im going to do it….. i dont even plan to start til i can get some backstory or something to it..... as why im looking for people, not experienced people i dont need pros, just someone interested in a casual project as i am.

i can continue to type this the damn box is all funky dor some reason anyways ill get more about what im going to do and get back to you guys

Oh i have a virtual server too but thats all misconfigured, lol yes i mean i have a real oldschool win98 i literally dragged out from under ages worth of pc shit for this…......

And i have some ideas, backstory stuff and im going to put up some forums later tonight when i get more ideas.....

So i was conversating with someone and i thought, Fallout Online, If there isnt something like that already....

Ok so maybe not Fallout Online, cuz realy i was hopeing to go for something more original, but if anyones ever played Fallout then you probably know where im going...

Story:
Post Apocalyptic
Big Wag/End of world
Everyones presumably dead
oh wait theres people underground?
^^Thats us players^^
So then basically the story would continue on to say something like:

And so the people of begin to once again emerge into the light, and without further invitation, discovered the dangers that lie before them, mutants and mutations, etc and so begins the journey to again document and establish human reign...

oh wait theres still people out here???
Rival Factions still exist?
each stand for the good of what?
pick one?
The game would then continue one to be the products of 2 rival factions, each afterproducts of the Big War/end of the world, being under the leadership of some people stated previuosly in a story line, and my idea was to make these factions leaders the actuall admin of the game, basically addons and whatnot would be the product of the 2 factions and the admin or what inthe story would be the "Heros" that split apart for reasons undecided yet, and the game would center around 2 things, being on your own as an "Adventurer" or whatever, and being with a faction and fight for the "Good" of the people and rebuilding the torn world etc etc, The admin part of the game would need much looking over and persistant rules as we cant just say, im bored lets add something to the game, it would have to literally be a product of som happenings in game.......

Oppinions? ill work over more details but could still use at least one other person in one this with me, i now relise i need more than just a person with artistic talent lol

• 3 weeks later...
^ Rusher just said the same thing 10 times in different words, I doubt he read the whole thing because after the 3rd paragraph you realize its starting to sound the same. So he probably never got to the part that said no one will help him here.

It sounds the same, because it is. When I made that reply I couldn't just get it out of my head how demotivated and inexperienced he sounded and then expected others, who are assuming experienced, to do his shit for him.

But no need for discussion, this topic was unnecessary to be bumped and let's just leave it at that.

@Frosty:

> Win98 still works… I mean... didn't y2k wipe that out or something?

no it didn't y2k was some bs made up by some bad computer fool… nothing happened no computers crashed and if it did it was the idiots who bought "software" to keep them protected from y2k....

Also just a word of advice., Even though someone calls you demotivated, get some work done. Make some maps, items and a little gameplay video. This will help you out with maybe getting osme type of team together.

@crzyone9584:

> no it didn't y2k was some bs made up by some bad computer fool… nothing happened no computers crashed and if it did it was the idiots who bought "software" to keep them protected from y2k....
>
> Also just a word of advice., Even though someone calls you demotivated, get some work done. Make some maps, items and a little gameplay video. This will help you out with maybe getting osme type of team together.

Ha. I'm aware of the effects of y2k. Mostly fourth quarter computer sales of 1999 plummeted. I was simply stating, I don't know of anyone with a win98 machine that can actually run an eclipse server.