Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon Like Browser MMO

momoelz

Hey guys, i have been working a few weeks now on a pokemon like MMORPG, which is to be played in browser! (html5) yeah u dont have to download anything just visit the site and start playing, well when its complete!

- Why is it only Pokemon Like? 

I dont wanna create just a copy of Pokemon but Something new, it shall have the aspects of Pokemon we like, like the turn based battle system and catching monsters but, with costom made Monsters, and the focus shall be on PvP with tournaments, and so on! Beside that the monsters shall all be somehow balanced, but have counters and become more costomizeable! all that stuff i still must think about better and work in.

I have been using Tiles found on this forum, sorry i dont remember who it was but who evers tiles they are please tell me so i can credit him! and i created some tiles myself.

[attachment=1464:screenshot.png]

The players will be costomizeable, from the begining, every player can choose his preferable Hair Cut & Color, and Clothes can be costomized!

But for this game to become real, i need help! I am doing as much as i can, regarding programming and designing but this is where I am not so good at and would love to get helped in!

Anyone who wants to share or contribute to the game with graphical stuff just  post it below or send me a PM :D i would apriciate it!

The Tileset i am currently using:

[attachment=1465:TilesSet.rar]

[attachment=1468:TilesSet.png]

Character Base ( Credits to some guy from devianart i will find it out and replace this with his link :P sry )

[attachment=1466:base.png]

[attachment=1467:hair_blond.png] 

This is how i will create the hair, and body part :P

Anyone who want to contribute will find his work in this greate game :D

i am quite a newbie at mmo development, so i got some questions, i hope there is somoene who can help me.

1\. Player Movment, Currently i am Storing every Player Movement in a database, this is actually very ineffecient imagine 1000k players? What should i do?

2\. Maps, Currently iam drawing only a big map which is a massiv amount of data, i am trying to find the best way to anchor different maps togher and when to draw what etc anyone got some nice logic about these things?