Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Web connected login?

Sunku

It's not a simple request. I think Jake and I are the only two who've ever completed full web integration with our games and we're using pretty much the same system.

Simply creating a separate authentication server which communicates with the game server through a separate socket will suffice. Then you have the client connect to the authentication server which in turn does all the database queries and will work as a match-maker between the game server and client.

It can also then double as a generic query server by added more communication packets between the two servers.

As I said though, this isn't something you can do. Hell, most people on this forum would struggle with this. Programming something like this from scratch is not the same as making a shitty little guild system. It does require skill to make a secure login server, especially when you're dealing with your database.

@Robin:

> It's not a simple request. I think Jake and I are the only two who've ever completed full web integration with our games and we're using pretty much the same system.
>
> Simply creating a separate authentication server which communicates with the game server through a separate socket will suffice. Then you have the client connect to the authentication server which in turn does all the database queries and will work as a match-maker between the game server and client.
>
> It can also then double as a generic query server by added more communication packets between the two servers.
>
> As I said though, this isn't something you can do. Hell, most people on this forum would struggle with this. Programming something like this from scratch is not the same as making a shitty little guild system. It does require skill to make a secure login server, especially when you're dealing with your database.

you have a good point btw i was going to donate but i don't know how much usd equals 50 gbp.

CS:DE does not have website integration. That's a personal feature which wouldn't work in a public engine.

Oh, and conversion rates are easy with the power of Google.

[http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=934&q=40GBP+in+usd&aq=f&aqi=g-sx3g-sv2&aql=&oq=](http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=934&q=40GBP+in+usd&aq=f&aqi=g-sx3g-sv2&aql=&oq=)