Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alice: Madness Returns

Gwen

So once again my beloved Alice made me do something very foreign to me. She made me go to this place that has all sorts of things on shelves, and wrapped in plastic. Some things were in these odd little plastic boxes so you couldnt actually touch what was in side. Any ways after grabbing the box for Alice madness returns i went to the counter and had to use this plastic card that i carry around with me. Not only did she make me buy her game… but she made me do it on release day! I didnt know there were specific days that games came out!!!

Anyways after struggling with that weird plastic wrapper thing on the box i finally got it opened and put it in my ps3\. After about 20 mins waiting for it to install i was finally greeted with a familiar face.
![](http://cdn.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Alice-Madness-Returns.jpg)
Isnt she beautiful!!! Sorry to all my infatuations on eclipse, but if I could make alice real, i would run off with her in a heartbeat… even if she is bat shit crazy! That includes you too Renzi!

Anyways I didnt get a chance to really play that much, but after running around 1800's london for a little bit... i think thats when it takes place, you finally fall into wonderland. So far this time around wonderland looks a lot better than in the original wonderland. As for game play its pretty much identical to the old Alice so if you like the old version you'll be right at home with the second one.

As a bonus, and im not sure if this is for ps3 only, but you get a code to download the first alice. I didnt get a chance to try the first alice, but I cant wait to see if it has been retouched at all.

The only thing that I did not like about this game so far…. And its actually kind of ironic that it came up for me. My friend and I were talking about appropriate use of cursing. She was upset that her mom who curses like a sailor basically told her to grow up, because she said she didn’t like that some slow love song used the word duck. I agree, if im listening to a singer that all his songs are a certain way, and he throws in a word to be edgy or controversial, when it has no place in that song then I find that wrong. Same goes for movies…. I watched the green hornet. I thought it was a decent movie, but the said shit like every other word, and there was really no reason for it. So anyways, I told my friend that I will be disappointed if there is cursing in Alice because that seems to be the new thing to do in games now. Every other word in Duke Nukem is shit or duck…. I get they are trying to be funny, and edgy… but it just takes away from the power and meaning when they beat you over the head with it.
Even tho the game is dark, and morbid, there is no reason for there to be cursing. Well as im running through London, I come across a prostate yelling at a guy saying duck you… you cant pay for ducking anything. Granted it was in context… but it was so unneeded.

And before any of you call me a prude….. duck YOU!

So not really a review…. I don’t know what this is about… but if you like Alice… you’ll probably like Alice madness returns.

I loved that game as a kid. Didn't realise it was so near release over in the states. Was having a conversation with my future brother-in-law about it just a couple of days ago.

Can't say I'll do anything as drastic as pay for it, though. Not until I've actually tried it.

It's a beautiful beautiful game. I cannot get over how long I have put into it at this moment. I know I have put in at least 7 hours so far. But I am only on the 4th chapter, out of 6\. Everywhere I go on it, I see new things that catch my eye, along with all of the secret hidden places that you can find the memories and things to be collected. The first one I fell in love with a long time ago, and when I heard about the second one, I knew I had to get it. I know I am an achievement whore, so I play a lot of games, but usually, I never play them for the actual sake of playing them. But this one caught my attention, and still is. I love it, and it does the first one so much justice. If anyone is thinking about buying it, do it. I hardly doubt you will regret it if you are a fan of any type of Alice media.