Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ipod touch Jailbreak

Grizzy

I know I've been gone for a min but I was in the middle of trying to jailbreak an ipod touch 1g version 2.2.1 then I came across a problem. I downloaded the firmwear but sense my version is so outdated I have no idea what to download next. Redsn0w I tried but the version to use is whats killing me.. any advice?

Don't jailbreak. I did it and my iPhone is buggy and slow. There isn't a point in jailbreaking now since Apple stopped being constrictive on the app developers. Hell, there's even a free music downloader on the app store now.

Just remove the firmware, I wish I did.

Oh ok, I was assuming you wanted to get it so that you could download free stuff.

I know only a few jailbreaking programs still work; most are outdated as you can see. Just google your version and "jailbreak" and it should come up with some hacks. You can also try asking this on [http://www.i4iphones.info](http://www.i4iphones.info), it's an iPhone hacking community forum.

Jail breaking isn't rocket science. You just have to find the right restores for 2.2.1\. You can easily google for the build. I suggest using quickpwn for the 2.2.1\. That's what I used. Jailbreakme.com isn't for 2.2.1, so I wouldn't recommend it. Also Jungle, it's not just for the apps, there are a lot of different types things you can do with a jail broken device, such as tethering and simple modifications, along with themes and whatnot. Which apps do not have the ability to do. Take it from a guy who has modded literally over 15 iphones and ipod touches and knows what he's doing. If you pm me I may be able to find the right build for you if you have trouble.