Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buildings

Annahstas

@Annahstas:

> Say you got a tile set and they had buildings and you placed them on your map? Is there anyway that you can go into the buildings and it show a different map? Like for a shop or something?

Try messing about with the map editors attribute "WARP" then set the location.

@GKO:

> You really need to figure some stuff out yourself, we arent here to pamper you.

Be nice. =)

GKO- Hmm, well first off thank you for helping me on some things I have asked… But, secondly, I am new to this I am pretty ducking sure you needed help to? So to be asked to pamper me? That would be nice but the last time I checked this was a questions and answers forum, plus never seen a thread that had a limitation on asking questions?

Sorry that I want to get things right the first time? If you don't want to help don't post anything! Want to post! But, if your tired of seeing my help threads on here then go on another forum area? Isn't why your on this forum to help people or be an ass? So grow up and stop trying to look cool or whatever you wish you were just because I want to make my game great and your stalking threads to humiliate others.

Lavos- Thank you so much for your help. :)

Joke, Nvm.

Anyways, Robin said the same thing and your not mouthing him *which i would not recommend considering he is like a legend around here, Ignore the "Eclipse Newbie" it just says that becuz he resigned from his fourm position.*

@GKO:

> You really need to figure some stuff out yourself, we arent here to pamper you.

Don't try and act like me. You just missed the point completely. You do not have enough understanding of the nuances of the engine nor do you have enough experience to understand the various different people we get on here.

When I tell people to go learn the basics of computing it's when they ask a stupid question about their computers. When I tell someone to go learn how to do something themselves it's when they're asking someone else to take their time out to spend hours programming a bespoke system for them.

Asking if you can switch maps in Origins is neither of these things. This is your first and final warning. If I catch you trying to emulate me on this forum and not helping anyone then I'll start handing out the mutes and such.

@Annahstas:

> Say you got a tile set and they had buildings and you placed them on your map? Is there anyway that you can go into the buildings and it show a different map? Like for a shop or something?

Simply put a 'Warp' tile in the doorway. Now whenever a player steps on it they'll get teleported to a new map. You can then create that map to look like the inside of a building.

@GKO:

> And how do you know how much i know about this engine robin? Are you stalking me?

Because you're a noob and we've seen lots of your posts that prove you don't completely know how the engine work. I've been here way longer than you and have been using EO, heck Mirage Source, for a long time and I don't even completely know the engine yet. I understand how the Game Logic, Database, Graphic work but I'm still trying to understand the Sound and Networking.

Sincerely,
Rithy