Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balanced game

furtzown

Strength deals with damage and parrying.
Agility avoids damage and imroves critical hits and dodges.
Willpower sorts regeneration.
Endurance increases health.
Intelligence heightens spirit.

As for the exp rate, you'll have to ask our Lord High Robin  ;)

Robin doesn't know anything about the Exp rate, already asked. It's calculated by a formula on the server. Do a search for "PlayerLevelUp" on the whole project & you should find it.

It just dawned on me that you probably aren't looking at the source. It wouldn't hurt to try, you can see all the calculation the server takes. It's surprisingly very English like to read. Pretty understandable after you see enough of it. There are comments to help. And you'll eventually be able to manage small edits.

hm i got some more question… if i have 30 attack, and the monster has 30 def... how much dmg will i deal him? and what if i have 50 atk? whats the formula to calculate those thing?

and i noticed there isnt sad script anymore in the new client (EO)... if i want to do lil things like scripted tile, for job change or stuff like this, how i do?

@furtzown:

> hm i got some more question… if i have 30 attack, and the monster has 30 def... how much dmg will i deal him? and what if i have 50 atk? whats the formula to calculate those thing?
>
> and i noticed there isnt sad script anymore in the new client (EO)... if i want to do lil things like scripted tile, for job change or stuff like this, how i do?

Thats slightly random, combat generates random numbers around the base attack.

as for scripting, you dont script any more you use source edits. almost anything you could want to add is somwhere in the source edits board, if its not, some one probrably got close to it and you can use that to make your own edit.

But to edit anything in the source you NEED VB6, NO OTHER VERSIONS OF VB WILL WORK.

Hope this helps

```
        ' Get the damage we can do
        Damage = GetPlayerDamage(index)

' if the npc blocks, take away the block amount
        blockAmount = CanNpcBlock(mapNpcNum)
        Damage = Damage - blockAmount

' take away armour
        Damage = Damage - RAND(1, (Npc(npcNum).Stat(Stats.Agility) * 2))
        ' randomise from 1 to max hit
        Damage = RAND(1, Damage)
```
I dont have time to explain. Food is done.

Also what he said, scripting was too slow.

hm i still dont understand… it was way simple in the old version; now u need to put stat and dmg and everything for your npc uh... im currently testing it and i dont understand rly.... if the npc has same agi as me he cant even hit me... and if the npc has a lil bit more agi, i cant hit him.... like wtf. how im supposed to make a npc balanced?

@furtzown:

> hm i still dont understand… it was way simple in the old version; now u need to put stat and dmg and everything for your npc uh... im currently testing it and i dont understand rly.... if the npc has same agi as me he cant even hit me... and if the npc has a lil bit more agi, i cant hit him.... like wtf. how im supposed to make a npc balanced?

By actually working with the system? Change the formulae if need be.

but i feel like agi give u too much chance to block a hit…. like if i put every monster with 5 agi, if some1 put 20 agi he will be invincible... but in the other way if the monster has more and more agi, ull have no choice but to put agi... and its kind of sad putting agi on a warrior. and if some1 funny enough go pure agi, he will just be untouchable... and i cant do anything against that cuz i cant put my monster to counter pure agi build or other with less agi gonna have no chance at all to hit