Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make quests/npc coversations?

Nighthawk0973

@Nighthawk0973:

> I can't find where the quest editor is. If you would like to take the time explanations on what everything does would be nice to but it's not nessecary :D
>
> I really hope this is possible… I'm using EO 2.0.

use altar's quest system

@RyokuHasu:

> /editquest

i wasn't sure if he had altar's quest system :P i'm stupid
@Nighthawk0973:

> I can't find where the quest editor is. If you would like to take the time explanations on what everything does would be nice to but it's not nessecary :D
>
> I really hope this is possible… I'm using EO 2.0.

sorry if i didn't answer your question

I got the quests to work… WITHOUT VB INSTALLED! I used alators quest system, added all the files I needed and replaced the .exes for server and client. So no, I don't need VB. I think it's sad that a MMORPG engine gets released and doesn't have a questing system in the first place. At least XW had that. Well than again, the new mirage realms starts with questing and a quest log... and it's still in development.

Congrats, but now you cant get any other mods into your game.

and ya, you got it to work by using a premade .exe, but with out VB6 you are VERY limmited in the stuff you can add, and are at the mercy of others to GIVE you the things you need untill you have a programmer for your project.

@Nighthawk0973:

> I got the quests to work… WITHOUT VB INSTALLED! I used alators quest system, added all the files I needed and replaced the .exes for server and client. So no, I don't need VB. I think it's sad that a MMORPG engine gets released and doesn't have a questing system in the first place. At least XW had that. Well than again, the new mirage realms starts with questing and a quest log... and it's still in development.

You don't seem to understand how programming works. _All_ you needed to do was replace the .EXEs because that's the compiled version.

If you think it's 'sad' that I released an engine without questing then you're free to go program your own game engine and add questing in to that.

In the meantime I'm locking this thread.