Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

["HD" Tileset Mockup]

Kusy

I honesty think they're really tiles, you can really see a pattern. Even when its just like a 4x4 block..

The three leafs you used that stick out from the dirt tiles are easily seen, points out where the middle of the tile is in each grasstile.. Also you can see a line at the bottom of each grasstile, especially on the grass>dirt transition tiles, but the same type of line is seen in the full grass tile.

When making tiles you should first paint the middle, then split the tiles in 16x16 tiles, then switch sides so the inside of the tile is faces outwars, paint the middle again, switch again and see if everything is good. its hard to explain this technique, but alot of artists use it in tilework. It often removes visible lines, especially if you just do the middle graphic first. (inside the tile)

@ZoSo:

> When making tiles you should first paint the middle, then split the tiles in 16x16 tiles, then switch sides so the inside of the tile is faces outwars, paint the middle again, switch again and see if everything is good. its hard to explain this technique, but alot of artists use it in tilework. It often removes visible lines, especially if you just do the middle graphic first. (inside the tile)

You don't be teachin a father how to make children bro. This technique didn't work out here at all, assuming that I never tried to do that is insulting lol. Repeating those 3 leaves in the center to split them on the corners was what I did at the start, looked like shit. All that grass is basicly one leaf, copied, re-sized and flipped many times.

I still think it looks good enough after color tweaks, additionally - those are not the only grass tiles that will be in the tileset, not to mention fluffy stuff like bushes and flowers, good mapping can help hiding the tiling issues and I'm bold enough to consider myself a good mapper.

Well using one graphic and repeating it might be the reason it looks so repeated.. >_>.

Also i don't know what you've tried, im just trying to give you critism and tips, also its not my problem you've failed to do such an easy technique. I just assumed you never tried.

Also, me assuming something insluts you? You obviously think you're better than you really are…

> Repeating those 3 leaves in the center to split them on the corners was what I did at the start, looked like shit

I also never said you should repeat any graphics…

It might have looked like shit cause you don't really understand how to do stuff, but obviously you don't want to learn.

![](http://orpgcreation.com/images/tutorial1.png)

Step 2 of this tutorial is the technique i tried to explain, but with all 4 corners for grass tiles. If you failed at this easy techique maybe should do something else that try to do graphics… really. cause its way to easy to fail.

ZoSo, it's very nice of you toassume you win at everything forever. I do apriciate your criticism and I do consider what you say usefull. However you don't need to tell me how I don't want to learn and how I fail at your easy techniques…

And your perfectly tiled pattern of rocks in your perfectly tiled tutorial is just as visibly repeatable as my grass because you used too distinctive patterns that can be caught with a bare eye. But hey, I'm not going to say it's because a tile is just a tile and it would have to be blank for the patterns to be invisible... I'm just going to say you FAIULOLD.

Again, I apriciate your criticizm, I do take it to heart, I do try to learn from what you say, but it would be so much nicer of you if you'd stop being a dumb fuck about it.

You're the one being an asshole, i was just pointing out what i did not like about your grass tiles and what you could use to improve it. I have not seen your grass tiles edits or recolors, or how you use them in tiles. Im just trying to be helpfull by explaining what you did wrong. **What i think you did wrong**.

First you say i got nothing o teach you, then you say you appreciate my critism.. Make up your mind and stop being such a female dog about it.