Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hamachi

BlazingShadow

ok, i've seen a few posts on this but they aren't useful at all, they all just end up as "Connect to the hosts hamachi network, connect to the hosts hamachi IP in eo" But it isn't working!
It keeps saying server's down, he can host a minecraft server fine, but not EO!

what do I do?

Port-forward.

Response 1: I do not know how.
Answer: I will do it for you, do you have teamviewer?

Response 2: My router is locked and my parents wont let me in.
Answer: Get a key logger, and trick your parents into logging into the router.

Response 3: My parents are too smart.
Answer: Download utorrent and try it out, has never worked for me though.

Regards,
Legolas

• 5 weeks later...
I'm currently using Hamachi during my development stage, and have no problems. EO can use it with no modifications, or anything. Straight out of a clean source.

You merely run the server, make sure everyone is on Hamachi, set up all clients to connect to the Hamachi IP in their Client-side Configurations. They connect.

Any problems past that are on your end, and you need to check firewalls, security, ports, etc. Also make sure they're connecting to the same port that your server is listening on.

Also Hamachi has to use ports. It just does everything itself, much like the Torrent exploit people use on here.

You could use a port tunneler instead of Hamachi. I've personally never liked Hamachi, due to all your players having to download someone else's software, plus it wouldn't leave me alone when I stopped using it.

[Here's a link to a port tunneler.](http://www.magicnotes.com/steelbytes/PortTunnel_ENG.zip) It seems like a more efficient way of getting round the portforwarding issue.