Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] 16 x 16 Conversion

tjstock

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question, im trying to convert EO to properly display 16 x 16 pixel tiles, players, etc etc.

Ive gotten as far as changing the PIC_X / PIC_Y, SIZE_X / SIZE_Y, and doubling the MAX_MAPX / MAX_MAPY (may have to even raise further.) But im running into some weird rendering problems, as in; i have invisible 32 x 32 lines running through the map that distorts anything being rendered.

Now I know ive only scratched the surface in converting the engine but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a big help. And yes I know I still have to go through the modDirectDraw7 and pretty much change everything.

Cheers

16x16 is a hot mess. I would recommend just converting the tiles. What kind of tiles are you using that are 16x16? Zelda tiles?
You have to keep in mind you'll be modifying movement and tons of other things since you're changing a 32x32 grid to 16x16\. You're not just changing the tiles.

Yea I spent a good hour or so converting the pieces of code that referenced 32 or had to deal with anything graphical, and I don't even think I'm half way there. lol.

Unless someone has an old guide or exact references, I'd be better of enlarging the tiles and sprites to 32 x 32.  :P

@Jaiden: No, not Zelda. Im pixeling some art myself, going for the old school rpg feeling with a more modern MMO experience.

@Jaiden:

> 16x16 is a hot mess. I would recommend just converting the tiles. What kind of tiles are you using that are 16x16? Zelda tiles?
> You have to keep in mind you'll be modifying movement and tons of other things since you're changing a 32x32 grid to 16x16\. You're not just changing the tiles.

Wut? It was a 10-11 line code change for me.

Yea ill just stretch the tiles it turns out looking pretty good.

And its not just replacing all the lines of code dealing with 32, you have bltname, target, blood, exp gains, damage, etc. All that has to be modified too plus more. I could properly pull it off but im lazy so… stretching tiles is the way im going.

Thanks everyone