Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I might be a daddy…

Zachary Herring

Sorry to hear that.  Ectopic pregnancies, especially in the Fallopian tubes, are extremely dangerous.  If she doesn't have the embryo removed and all of the accompanying pregnancy tissue there is a very high risk of her tubes rupturing and the pregnancy causing issues to where surgical removal of the tube and ovary are required; this would effectively put an end to her ability to produce offspring depending on severity.

My suggestion?  Remove the embryo as soon as possible.  With her you have a shot at having a child and living the rest of your lives together; without her you have nothing.  It's not worth the risk given the worst case scenario, e.g. she carries another month or two, her tube ruptures, she has the tube and ovary removed, she can never produce another child, and you still lost the baby or she carries 5-7 months, the tube ruptures, she hemorrhages internally and dies in the middle of the night, and you've lost both the mom and the baby.  It's very rare for an ectopic pregnancy to ever reach full term.

Reality is scary and I'm never the pessimist, but these are things you need to know.