Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any help will do with this 1 question.

@Tauri:

> CTRL + F, and search for .jpg throughout the entire module, then replace the GUI ones with .gif.
> .gif has support for animation, so run it through whatever animation program you use and replace your main GUI with it. Problem solved.

If only it were that simple. >_>

The way I'd do it, is by having seperate .jpgs as a frame in a folder, ~~and simply use a For Next Loop. Not very efficient, I know, but at least it's usable~~ scratch that, unlike these dumb responses…

OR, there's GetTickCount...lemme think of a way...(pseudo-code, btw. At least it's somewhat helpful.)

In modGlobal, add:
```
Public FrameNo As Long
```
And in GameLoop, add something like InGame, that checks while in menu, and after that, I'd use;

```
Dim tmrAnimMenu As Long

If tmrAnimMenu < Tick Then
FrameNo = FrameNo + 1
frmMenu.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "BLAHBLAHBLAH" & FrameNo & ".jpg")
tmrAnimMenu = GetTickCount + MILLISECONDS HERE
End If
```
But, IMO, just do what the rest of us do, and make do with static main menus…or work on a parallax system, if you really want movement.

@knightgrader:

> I'd need parallax system perhaps… Any help on it though?

OK, now that's just downright disrespectful. Rather than have an attempt at it, you just assume you have a need for something, and want us to do it for you? The Legends here have the patience of saints.

Don't really want to, but I have an idea on it…

To start, I'd go with having two backing picture control, each with the same tessellating image, and make a loop that simply moves the .left property, and checks when it's at pic.left = form.width - form.width - pic.width, and simply moves the left to where it was to begin.

@=:

> OK, now that's just downright disrespectful. Rather than have an attempt at it, you just assume you have a need for something, and want us to do it for you? The Legends here have the patience of saints.
>
> Don't really want to, but I have an idea on it…
>
> To start, I'd go with having two backing picture control, each with the same tessellating image, and make a loop that simply moves the .left property, and checks when it's at pic.left = form.width - form.width - pic.width, and simply moves the left to where it was to begin.

Oh sorry about that but All I just need here is help and nothing else… If I'm being disrespectful then sorry about it.

@SeeingBlue:

> If I'm not mistaken some of the buttons in EO2 or CS:DE change when you mouse over them. Might look at how that is done & should give you some kind of idea.

He doesn't want a mouseover animation, just one that plays constantly, cycling through a few frames.

Also, animated GUI would distract attention from the game. GUI should be minimalistic and draw your focus towards the game.

@Tauri:

> He doesn't want a mouseover animation, just one that plays constantly, cycling through a few frames.
>
> Also, animated GUI would distract attention from the game. GUI should be minimalistic and draw your focus towards the game.

I understood that. It was an example that he could possibly use to study how to do exactly what he wants.