Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem… Really..

Fredypimp

@Robin:

> See that big thread stickied at the top of this section which answers Frequently Asked Questions? Because I certainly do.

Why don't you lighten up Robin? Help out the newbies that need your help, after all, you are a "legend". Though you certainly don't deserve the title.

@1neon:

> Why don't you lighten up Robin? Help out the newbies that need your help, after all, you are a "legend". Though you certainly don't deserve the title.

And writing up all that documentation isn't me trying to help them?

I'm not going to go out of my way to help people who didn't bother helping themselves. Every single error you could possibly get is explained in the FAQ and Tutorials. If you're posting an error then you've either found something new or you didn't read them in the first place.

When the exact question is the third one down in the FAQ you've got a problem. You've got an even bigger problem when you come back asking what 'DPI' is when we have a wonderful new invention called 'Google'.

I'm here to help people who need it, not cater to people who're so used to being given everything on a silver platter they can't do anything for themselves.

Feel free to criticise my approach after you've raked up as much time as I have helping people. I'm sure your attitude will sour after 7 years of linking people to the stickied topics.

Ok Robin answers the same 20 questions for people every single day… I have seen him answer this exact same question atleast 30 times.. Wouldn't you be tired of typing the same answer over and over again every day?  Atleast he is answering the question correctly unlike the above post.. I believe it clearly states for people to read the FAQ first thing.. I dont see the problem with his answer

EDIT: He beat me too it =/

There is a difference in guiding someone in the correct direction & being a smart ass about it. No doubt this forum is full of the same questions already answered 100 times over but much of his attitude is not necessary, regardless of how long you been helping idiots and I'm qualified to say so. It's also not necessary that he even reply if the question has already been answered & why would he since it's oh so irritating? Someone else will point OP in the right direction, he will figure it out himself, or give up. Any of these are fine options. Instead Robin would rather flex his superior intellect & common sense upon the feeble minded masses that swarm his domain. Is it possible that he is just venting misplaced frustration?

@SeeingBlue:

> There is a difference in guiding someone in the correct direction & being a smart ass about it.

Those are both completely separate things which can be very easily accomplished in the same sentence.

@SeeingBlue:

> No doubt this forum is full of the same questions already answered 100 times over but much of his attitude is not necessary, regardless of how long you been helping idiots and I'm qualified to say so.

No, this forum is filled with the one question answered once in the stickied post which will instantly fix 9/10 problems.

@SeeingBlue:

> It's also not necessary that he even reply if the question has already been answered & why would he since it's oh so irritating? Someone else will point OP in the right direction, he will figure it out himself, or give up. Any of these are fine options.

The simple fact that someone feels the need to ask the forum collective a question which would have instantly been answered if he showed a shred of initiative pisses me off. The reason I post on here is because the aftermath of not doing so is even more annoying than the question itself. When some other poor spod comes along and tries to answer the question they get it wrong themselves because they never bothered to read my documentation. This leads to a huge discussion between the forum's resident idiots which I'll have to see spamming up the latest post feed which I use to keep up to date on the forum. If the question goes unanswered the OP feels the need to then constantly ask the question in the shoutbox, breaking the rules, and PMing everyone in power with a link to their thread.

@SeeingBlue:

> Instead Robin would rather flex his superior intellect & common sense upon the feeble minded masses that swarm his domain. Is it possible that he is just venting misplaced frustration?

You can put this down to whatever the hell you want if it pleases you. The simple fact is that these threads cause problems no matter what I do, so I'd rather get it in to the guy's thick skull that it isn't acceptable and that the information he needs is already available.

Maybe instead of giving me an amateur psychological report you could, I don't know, go around helping these people yourself? If all you're going to do is sit on the side of the field shouting criticism then your words carry no weight. I need people on this forum who can actually take away some of the burden, not talk down to me whilst doing fuck all.

I'll keep going with my tried and trusted method and you can go ahead and start your own method. I'd be happy to have the help.

You continue, but don't be surprised when I keep calling you out on your unnecessary rudeness. Frankly I don't know why you aren't making more money off of the traffic here… Sounds much more productive than belittling possible revenue.

And just for the record I do help where I feel like I can. Feel free to verify that yourself.

@SeeingBlue:

> You continue, but don't be surprised when I keep calling you out on your unnecessary rudeness. Frankly I don't know why you aren't making more money off of the traffic here… Sounds much more productive than belittling possible revenue.
>
> And just for the record I do help where I feel like I can. Feel free to verify that yourself.

Then don't be surprised when you get warned for hounding me whilst I'm trying to do my job.

If you've got the time to waste stalking people on the internet to lecture them about your own cultural ideals then you've got time to get your hands dirty and actually help around here.

Your worth in this community is based entirely on how much you give back. If the sole fruits of your labour is a pissed off admin then you're doing something very, very wrong.

Don't flatter yourself. I don't stalk or go around looking to piss you off. I came to this thread to see if it was anything of interest and the chances of finding you here doing the usual are high… I don't care about some warning, I don't prize any forum account & if you think IP bans scare me then you are wasting time even pursuing such paths when you consider I would simply return, leeching off the community & never bothering to help.

Facts are I am here to learn, I don't care to help where I can & punishing me for simply calling you out won't only solve nothing, but would not be in your best interest to remove members that at least have potential to help others & as I stated above, if you look, you will see that I have helped & still plan on continuing to help when I can.

I'm also surprised you even take the time to give such a lengthy reply when you are covered up with doing your job... I do want you to know that I am not against you, I am on your side, but I will speak my mind & your insults and/or threats do not deter me.

Having someone quietly leech off my work is much more preferable than having someone leech whilst trying to project his own morals and ideals on to me whenever I go to a thread to help someone. Whether you like my attitude or not this is still a forum I designed based on an engine I created hosting documentation I wrote up to help the people use my work to create their game.

The help section is here to help people who deserve it. If the first thing you do when you register is spam the place up with topics asking questions which are explained right at the top of the documentation then you do not deserve it.

If you're going to trot around on your high horse trying to pretend that my attitude isn't allowing me to be an effective teacher or that it doesn't allow people to learn from my work then you're obviously far too disconnected from reality to be of any use to anyone.

My respect is earned, not given. This is how I operate. Don't try and get in the way of me doing what I do or you're simply harming the people who benefit from my support, completely destroying any point you originally had.