Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Item image question

Killa_

So i have downloaded a few sprites for items.And i get only half of sprite.Theres supposed to be a sprite with 2 pictures like on screen:
![](http://www.robin.freemmorpgmaker.com/guides/2/12.png)

but theres only 1 image like that:

![](http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr56/zrickyz10/GraphicsIcons.jpg)

So what i should to to make it work?

@Serenade:

> Several options.
>
> 1) Scrap 'em and make do with what you have.
> 2) Convert 'em manually.
> 3) Make a converter.
> 4) Change the recs in BltItem (Or whatever it's called). That's what I did, because I couldn't be bothered to convert 688 items.

I'm interested how you did #4.

One of the images is green because that is transparent against the picScreen. The other image is black, but this can be any color as long at it matches the color of your inventory background(it is not transparent.)

How did you work around this fact?

@SeeingBlue:

> I'm interested how you did #4.
>
> One of the images is green because that is transparent against the picScreen. The other image is black, but this can be any color as long at it matches the color of your inventory background(it is not transparent.)
>
> How did you work around this fact?

Simple. I just changed BltInventoryItems' recs to the same as BltItems', and made my inventory UI cell-based, to get around the fact it had to match colour.

@Robin:

> Three words: Photoshop batch actions.

Eh, Would've, but I didn't have PS on the PC I was using at the time. >is impatient.

Impatience isn't a personality trait which is useful in game design.

At the same time anyone who converts 1,000s of graphics by hand is insane.

Macroing is as old as the internet and I still find people who've never bothered to look in to it. Hell, I used to get people who'd pay me to convert graphics for them. Photoshop is a powerful thing.

@Robin:

> Impatience isn't a personality trait which is useful in game design.

Noted…buuuut see below as to why I got impatient.

@Robin:

> Macroing is as old as the internet and I still find people who've never bothered to look in to it.

I know, and I use Macros frequently, it's just, when you don't have access to your PC that has all your usual stuff for 2.5 - 3 weeks, your patience does wane out, and you just get on with it. xD
Especially with the fact that my memory is so pathetic that I'd rather just get it done, before I forget and struggle to remember what I was going to do.

@SeeingBlue:

> When is impatience useful?

Not to go off-topic, but I've always found my impatience useful. Often helps me get stuff done quicker, and helps me remember what to do next.

Well, to ~~confuse~~ help you even more, here's a clue…

```
With rec
            .Top = 0
            .Bottom = 32
            .Left = 0
            .Right = .Left + 32
        End With
```Think about the graphics it loads, and the placement of where things load from on the graphic…have an idea on what this does, then?

EDIT: We really should take this to a PM.

• 1 year later...