Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Major RTE Bug!

semlemsushi

Not sure how this originated, but when I try to run a clean client with server on, this is what pops up when it says "Initializing DirectX". I have also tried with server off, same error. How do I fix this?

![](http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/Phaerah/errorfuck.png)

~~Your picture is not working.~~. ~~Also are you running it through VB? That way you can show us what line its highlighting? =p~~

Edit: This was taken from the first question in the FAQ!! =)

> Q: I receive [insert runtime/automation error here] when I try and run the engine.
> A: If it mentions a .dll or a .ocx file or anything about 'ActiveX' then you've installed the library files wrong. If mentions an automation error then you either have dodgy drivers or, if you get it running the client, your might not have a working sound card at all. If it mentions a file path then you haven't extracted Origins properly. In both cases you need to go read the installation instructions on the download page. If it's an actual RTE in the source code then go post a question thread and take a screenshot of the error and post the line it errors on. That's the line which is highlighted yellow.