Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sprite Change RTE

semlemsushi

I get RTE 53\. I have 222 sprites in my characters folder. They are all numbered correctly. They are all BMP files. Every sprite over 18 does NOT work, and gives me RTE 53\. If I use admin to change my sprite, everything higher than 18 = RTE 53\. A class that uses sprites 18+ results in RTE 53\. Once character is created/sprite is changed, can't change sprite back since I get RTE 53 upon login. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Why won't it work?

I am using all the sprites from Eclipse Starlight, and only those sprites. I deleted the whole "characters" folder inside the client and am now redownloading Eclipse Starlight. I am going to try to drag the "characters" folder directly from Eclipse Starlight into my client. Should I only have up to 20? Why can't it be more?

@semlemsushi:

> I am using all the sprites from Eclipse Starlight, and only those sprites. I deleted the whole "characters" folder inside the client and am now redownloading Eclipse Starlight. I am going to try to drag the "characters" folder directly from Eclipse Starlight into my client. Should I only have up to 20? Why can't it be more?

I did this and I still get RTE error 53\. So frustrating can someone please help me?

@Robin:

> You get that error when you changed the file name but not the format. The file format needs to be bitmap.

Like I said, I have not attempted to alter any file names or file extensions. I know that if I have to change the extension I can't just add .BMP or .JPG to it. But all I'm doing is simply importing the whole characters folder from the Eclipse Starlight custom engine. Here is my characters folder, do you think that it's bugged itself? Have a quick peek…
[http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#fac50e9c0a250a5af32e00221f6c6086.rar](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#fac50e9c0a250a5af32e00221f6c6086.rar)

@SeeingBlue:

> I only said 20 because you were having a problem with 18, chances are it's related to your images though & not the code. Robin is probably right, although I don't know what the duck he's talking about.

RTE53 is a file access issue. Origins loads bitmap files. To check if it's a valid file I make sure the extension is '.bmp'.

I'm not sure what America's computer education system is like, but we get a huge amount of kids who come on here assuming that changing '.png' to '.bmp' magically changes the file format, thus leading to Origins assuming it's a valid file then not being able to read the data.

@semlemsushi:

> Like I said, I have not attempted to alter any file names or file extensions. I know that if I have to change the extension I can't just add .BMP or .JPG to it. But all I'm doing is simply importing the whole characters folder from the Eclipse Starlight custom engine. Here is my characters folder, do you think that it's bugged itself? Have a quick peek…

Yeah, you didn't post a link. Besides, I'm not going to look through your game content for you. If the error is in graphics 18 and up then go look at the file formats on those files. >_>

Using anything from the custom versions is stupid, but in this case there is nothing wrong. I copied the folder in to a vanilla copy of Origins and every single sprite worked perfectly.

I have no idea what you did but you've broken something in your source code.