Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO3.0] Another events exploit

Tic Tac 2

I found a big events exploit before that basically made it so you could activate one event more than once by holding CTRL down or tapping CTRL. I fixed it kind of with the help of Peaverin(thank you).

Basically the client sided fix made it so you couldn't attack or activate an event when in the event dialogue

But here's the problem:

If people have higher ping, they can activate it twice before the dialogue pops up.

Basically they hit CTRL as much as they can before the event dialogue pops up.

Is there a way to fix this?

**You can re-activate events pretty fast. Is there a way to make it so your "event-activating attack speed" becomes slower?**

**That's my suggestion for a fix, but i don't know how to do it.**

> Or, you know.. Instead of doing this crap client-sided fix it properly and check if a player is already in an event before performing any other logic.

Yes, that's the best option. I'd try to fix it that way when I have time. I told him that meanwhile he can create events that give items this way.

```
Commands:
>>Conditional: Switch 6==off
>>>Switch 6=on
>>>Give Item
>>>Finish Conditional
>>Do anything else
```
That way it won't matter if the player press ctrl 100 times because after the first time he'll already have switch 6 activated.

> The client side fixes will fix anyone mashing the key. Now they will have to spam the packet instead. Which to be fair does require a tiny bit more knowledge. But not much.

It only half-fixes it. Keep in mind that the client side fix only comes into action when the event window pops up.

But if they have PING, it takes about 0.2 seconds or more depending on their ping for it to pop up, allowing them to activate it once more.

**[This post is a contract between me and Lavos.] I'm paying him 10 dollars after he fixes two of my problems: Event system multiple duplications and Hunger system not draining sometimes. If he solves these for me i'm paying him 10 dollars. And if i don't you can ban me.**

_Help from other people is still welcome though._

> Is Lavos going to share the fix with everyone else? Or just for you? I think a bug fix like that should be shared with the community.

I fixed it myself, although i couldn't have done it if Lavos didn't find HandleEvent

i didnt even know that sub existed lol. still paid him

ill share it