Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map size question? Yes..

lexkymbeth

I was about to make a post about this myself. I did a search for "map size" & nothing fruitful popped up but I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been discussed before.

I have maps of 75x75 right now, but I haven't done any worthy testing. Frankly I want a seamless map. Anyone working on/with one?

Depends on what you're making. Before you make the map, think about the location. Is it a town? A village? How many people populate it? Is it just a road? A city?

I'll usually make my small towns and villages around 50 - 70, larger towns around 70 - 90, and cities around 80 - 95 with multiple maps for different parts of the city.

That's just me though.

@DJMaxus:

> Depends on what you're making. Before you make the map, think about the location. Is it a town? A village? How many people populate it? Is it just a road? A city?
>
> I'll usually make my small towns and villages around 50 - 70, larger towns around 70 - 90, and cities around 80 - 95 with multiple maps for different parts of the city.
>
> That's just me though.

thanks! yea its a small town

@psyDelic:

> What do you do for the wild & trails to other towns, hunting?

When I make a path running north or south,  I'll make X much larger than Y, and vice versa for east and west. For a route open to exploration, you'll want to have the dimensions about 10 or 20 tiles apart from each other. I make routes around 50 - 70 as well. You'll want to place a few of them (2-5) in between towns.