Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tileset

Murdoc

@Bonk:

> The rouned trees blend in with the grass a little and the stone bricks have a bit too much contrast.
>
> They're really good, though. They look a bit like the TOA tiles, are they for TOA or are you keeping that as is?

Well, now that you mention it, I may be upgrading the graphics for ToA if I can get an entire set made. I was aiming for something similiar to those, but with more detail.

@Matlock:

> Well, now that you mention it, I may be upgrading the graphics for ToA if I can get an entire set made. I was aiming for something similiar to those, but with more detail.

Nooo! You can't get rid of them! They were awesome as they were :'(

@Mr.LLoyd:

> How did you re-sized the tiles so good i have tried to re-sized 16x16 to 32x32 but the pixels get mess up.

Make sure there is no interpolation. Im using gimp which has it under the "quality" setting when you scale an image. Not sure what it is in other programs. Pixel resize seems to ring a bell for some other program. But, basically, you want the resized image to have no alterations besides the pixels being resized exactly as they are.

@Anna:

> I liked your older ones better because this one is just retro-zoom custom tileset #9002.
>
> But that's arbitrary, these tilesets are well done and very functional.

Yea, Ive been chipping away at these sorts of tiles for awhile just trying to get a feel for them and what not. Thanks for the compliment.

@Baron:

> I think this is really quite an awesome start. would be interested in seeing more!

Thanks!

Anyway, I had a chance to make some hills w/ cave entrance

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/485a3b5b4de64de3ef0e3aad0864ce12.png)

This tileset looks cool but mind if you lower the contrast abit and the trees blends with the grass and it hurts to my eyes. I will await for more update though!

@Matlock:

> Make sure there is no interpolation. Im using gimp which has it under the "quality" setting when you scale an image. Not sure what it is in other programs.

In photoshop its under
edit > preferences > General > Image Interpolation > Nearest Neighbour

@Matlock:

> Pixel resize seems to ring a bell for some other program.

Yeah, you change Normal to Pixelated to resize without losing quality in Paint.NET.

EDIT: Forgot the main purpose of my post. The tiles look really nice, to the point where I like them even though, for some reason, the retro look was never exactly appealing too me. Again, really nice. Also, what is this TOA you speak of? A game of yours? I'd be interested in playing it if it's opened. o.o

The only issue I'm really having here is the road.
-edit-
I should say -why- I am having issues with it.
I'm not sure how I would explain it but.. it looks kind of .. unreal? And the fountain on top of the road looks slightly out of place because the road is almost like a fence in the background.
Aside from that, I'm partially colourblind and I have issues distinguishing the trees from the grass but that could just be me.
It's looking really good though!

@Owen:

> The only issue I'm really having here is the road.
> -edit-
> I should say -why- I am having issues with it.
> I'm not sure how I would explain it but.. it looks kind of .. unreal? And the fountain on top of the road looks slightly out of place because the road is almost like a fence in the background.
> Aside from that, I'm partially colourblind and I have issues distinguishing the trees from the grass but that could just be me.
> It's looking really good though!

I see what you mean, and Im most likely gonna change it.

@Owen:

> The only issue I'm really having here is the road.
> -edit-
> I should say -why- I am having issues with it.
> I'm not sure how I would explain it but.. it looks kind of .. unreal? And the fountain on top of the road looks slightly out of place because the road is almost like a fence in the background.
> Aside from that, I'm partially colourblind and I have issues distinguishing the trees from the grass but that could just be me.
> It's looking really good though!

Really? The road actually looks nice to me. I'd make it a bit lighter maybe, but otherwise I like the unconventional feel to it. And yes, I suppose I would've made the grass sliiightly lighter than the trees. o.o

EDITED 'cause typos.

IMO.