Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My very first sprite :O

pandabear325

Behold as I tell you all the things to improve for your next try.

1\. Pixel art is one fine pixel in a line. You see how sometimes pixels (zoom in 8x) are clumped together? Make it so the pixels only touch at the edges. This means that in lines, pixels should only connect to two others. Make sense? If not, I'll doodle up an example.
2\. The art is generally much smaller, unless it's a giant or something. This isn't necessarily true for all pixel art, but this looks like you just drew a cat at 1x with the pencil. You need to zoom in and draw one pixel at a time, or draw it and go back and pixel over, **one pixel at a time**.
3\. Shading is a large part of pixel art. You need it to create depth. I don't care if it takes forever, you need to do it. Seriously, art looks shitty and flat without shading.
4\. What the hell is it?

I'm not discouraging you from pixel art at all, I'm just giving you advice as to what to fix for next time. Remember, sprites are drawn one pixel at a time, not scribbled down in MS paint. And also, even _I_ use MS Paint, and my art is all one-lined and shaded.

@Likestodraw:

> He's pretty good for being made by a beginer and being made in Paint.

You can do pretty amazing stuff in paint if your a good artist or even a beginner.And for the sprites they look a lot better from your first try but try working on your line art.The side legs are to fat and the side tail looks weird.

• 2 weeks later...
@Taegan:

> I think GIMP's too all over the place and some parts of it are just plain weird. Paint.NET looks so neat and clean, and it's easier to use. Opinions.

I see what you mean for the sprites. But it can help give good effects for tilesets, that is.. if you know how to use it right.