Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Loading Items

escfoe2

Eclipse Origins: Ugh.  I'm trying to implement a system for combining items and making new ones.  Well for some reason my items are not loading into the Client.  The only way they load is if I click the Reload Items button on the Server.  I've tried to find any little error in the code that I possibly could but I just can't find where the client isn't getting it.  On JoinGame is uses the SendItems sub which reverts to SendUpdateItemto which then uses the buffer to send.  Why does it only work for the command to reload them and not when I join into the game?  Maybe a list of ALL the steps the server and client use to get item data will help.  Example: This sub here does this, then this, then this, then this and your client recieves the info.  Another thing that is confusing, the same sub to load the item files works for the button, but not for the JoinGame.  Im not sure if JoinGame is the problem, I just know that the Server sends the items to the client there.  (Well it's supposed to.)  So any help and advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Nevermind.  I fixed it, ended up being a simple issue.

Explanation:  When I was making the subs for the Combo feature, I used the Item subs as a base.  For some reason I had erased part of the code for the original HandleUpdateItem sub in the process. (Explains why I couldn't find an error in syntax; there wasn't one lol)  But I used a BACKUP EO to replace the sub and that fixed it.  Thanks anyways =D