Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Draconi Legends

Link

Hey eclipse, I'm reaching out to the community for a few helpful hands. I've been fixing to work on this game project for a while now and I'm finally ready to gather the team. I've waited until the right time where I could have all the proper resources to complete a prototype. I'm still working on a flow chart for the direction of the game as well as mechanics.

The prototype will be from an eclipse based engine, the final product will not. 

The current team:

>! Project manager: Zarachi (Link)
>!  
>! Community management: Nick (AkatsukiNick)
>!  
>! Lead programmer: Will (Nobody)
>!  
>! Assistant programmer: Lycrios (conditional)
>!  
>! Vb6/Prototype programmer: Zarachi (Link)
>!  
>! Lead story writer/Concept development: Zesh, Zarachi (concept development)
>!  
>! Assistant story writer:
>!  
>! Creative Director:
>!  
>! Game artists: Andy (Andii), Robert (Mk01)
>!  
>! Video composer: James, Zarachi (Link)

Today I'll be looking for the following : 

Assistant writer:

Web developer(paid):

![](http://i58.tinypic.com/2jf0v9i.png)

Concept:

4/17/2015

**Intro:**

In a world where dragon masters train to be the strongest, only very few can claim the title of a Draconi Legend. Travel vast lands, grow with your dragon partner, and discover new fearsome dungeons! Interact with players, test your skills in pvp, climb the leader board. Become a Draconi Legend.

**About:**

Draconi Legends takes place in an ancient period where Dragons still existed. In this era certain children were blessed at birth with a dragon partner, their souls being linked as one. This was known as "The conqueror's gift."

Not every child was born this way, but few were gifted. During birth an angel of the sacred army would appear carrying an egg that matched the spirit of the child. This egg contained an embodiment of the child's spirit, their eternal partner.

Most children born with this gift set out to become Draconi Legends; one who has mastered their spirit. The world map of Draconi legends is divided up into 5 parts, each part being its own nation. Each nation lived in harmony after a war that brought about chaos a millennia ago.

Long ago there was one lone Draconi Legend whose evil heart created something horrific, he was the strongest of all the Draconi Legends but he found no satisfaction in not having an equal adversary, so he set out to destroy the other Draconi Legends one by one, and so, many fell victim to his wrath.

This evil spirit gathered many from the dark forces as he soon wanted total control over the five nations, and with no Draconi Legends who could stand up to him his dream soon became a reality, until one day a direct descendent from the sacred army was born, this was the prodigal child. Seeing new hope, a group of elders sheltered and nurtured the child until his prophecy was to be fulfilled.

The child and his draconic partner would lead the still remaining Draconi Legends into battle against this formidable foe. As the epic battle was coming to a close the two forces came face to face at last, as to what happened that day still remains a mystery, it was said to be written by the elders but stowed away. No one is certain how or what happened, but during the battle both legions were no longer in existence. Not a trace of either army remained, but only a desolated battle field.

**How to apply:**

Send me a message with the following; 

Name:

Position applied for:

Previous experience:

Can you skype?

Well, after reading through the entire post, I have to say you surprised me. I don't mean to be a bit of a downer, but I'm really hesitant to think that this will work out even in the slightest. Hear me out.

You're looking for a crew of twelve that would be working for free. That's nearly all the daily active users on this site. Sure, some group members could take on more than one role, but for a project requiring this many positions, I find it unlikely that even most would be filled. I wouldn't mind this so much if only you took on more responsibility than project manager. I realize you don't have all the time in the world to devote time to even the site itself, but seeing as this is your project, I personally would wait until I had more to bring to the table.

But, that's just my opinion on the matter. Feel free to prove me wrong. Regardless of how I feel on this, I wish you the best of luck to both you and anyone considering joining.

I'm actually only looking for six people Matt, it says that in the post.  As far as the project manager, from what I understood they were able to multi task in the project which is why I gave myself the title, at-least that's the description in the game industry roles. I wouldn't be able to contribute much in any other programming language, but the vb6 prototype. I'll be funding where needed in the project as far as art and web development etc.

I've been around eclipse for a while before being the owner, I've done a few projects I know not to look for a huge team. The post is a bit incomplete as some positions will be paid, I haven't had time to edit. As far as some positions on the team, I've already got some people hence I separated the current team spots vs. what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input guys. The original post has been updated with which positions are paid.

"Will(Nobody)" development log, Java.
Change Log 5/20/15
- Added Splash Screen
- Added Main Menu
- Added Map loader
- Added Player base class
- Added Movement
- Added Camera that follows Player
- Added Npc Menus
- Added Pet base class
- Added Pet Movement

Also updated team roster, Zesh is also now on board.