Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PVO Castle Crashers [Updated!]

Whackeddie99

Making a online game based on a much more fun online game seems kinda retarded.
And how do i know the real Castle Crashers is more fun? Yeah because it doesnt use Eclipse Engine.

=/

Unless you make the gameplay exactly like Castle Crashers, or better. You're doing nothing in the honor of the original game. Its basically butchering it. And you'll probably get canceled because you own no rights to the name or that logo.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ZoSo:

> Making a online game based on a much more fun online game seems kinda retarded.
> And how do i know the real Castle Crashers is more fun? Yeah because it doesnt use Eclipse Engine.
>
> =/
>
> Unless you make the gameplay exactly like Castle Crashers, or better. You're doing nothing in the honor of the original game. Its basically butchering it. And you'll probably get canceled because you own no rights to the name or that logo.

Don't waste your time, ZoSo. He's just gonna rage at you.

@Whack:

> Well you kind of discouraged me, not sure what I want to do :/

Just make a original game based on the same idea? How hard is it.

@Whack:

> Well,
> I don't want this to happen. And I'm using the .mp3s from the game, that are licensed for non commercial use, but do I need to have a license?

Some companies just dont like they're franchises being used by others. Its a gamble, and stupid. Just make an original game.

@ZoSo:

> Just make a original game based on the same idea? How hard is it.
>
> Some companies just dont like they're franchises being used by others. Its a gamble, and stupid. Just make an original game.

So I'll make completely new graphics, change the name, and just keep the same idea? :O

Sprites look awesome to me but you really really need to change the tileset especially the one with water it hurts the eyes and doesn't quite fit the sprites… But overall thats awesome! Hope to see more!

Okay, this may seem a little off, but we have decided to just keep working on our original plan, but create our own storyline. More on _that_ will be released later

As for the update, **New Item And Spell Window!**

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e9fcc86d7c31753b28b4d99db905e76a.png)

Took me forever to code! I added a lot more stuff based on the tutorial somebody did on here. This is not completely final, it is subject to change.

hahaha. I'm lovin it !:P heres a new pic of the description, I have edited it more. Also, I will soon be adding chests (thanks to Yumi!) and a Mail system when Zesh releases it.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/e3fcca94b79bd40dc8a80f6a0daf7134.png)

Major differences are the location of the information. Nothing big. Also made all the labels for spell description boxes, and for currency, along with consumes. Next up is probably keys, etc.